cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which one is better XMP Mode ? or Manuel Mod ?

tunc8686
Level 8
hey ,
i have :
Asus Rog Maximus X Hero
Corsair Dominator 4*8GB 3200Mhz
am using 5ghz (8700K) , which settings better for memory ( xmp or manuel )
4 REPLIES 4

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
If xmp profiles work use them it's the easy route 🙂
Sometimes or really most the time xmp profiles use more juice than really needed on more than just the ram like system agent and vccio cpu voltages..
Most use manual to get around bugs in xmp to oc further than xmp profile allows higher voltages/ timing tweaking.... it's really a pain to deal with lol 😄
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

M4D5TYL3Z
Level 7
tunc8686 wrote:
hey ,
i have :
Asus Rog Maximus X Hero
Corsair Dominator 4*8GB 3200Mhz
am using 5ghz (8700K) , which settings better for memory ( xmp or manuel )

After couple of months of messing around and tryna research from sources of information like here and my actual mobo book and AIO book etc. I have finally sussed it I think with only having to format/roll back once.
If you have any other ASUS hardware that comes with its standalone software ie GPUtweak2 you should uninstall it and before you do that delete any custom profile for the clock/fanspeed and set the card back to default (I havent personally done it that way as I rollback to fresh OS but i hope it would work) Then use them latest AIsuite3 and DIP5 downloaded from the ASUS website and use that software to OC it with all your BIOS set to optimal default which is 3700mhz - cpu and 2133-ram if i remember rightly, this way you will still get a decent OC while sitting at around 80-90 degrees opposed to 100+... i hope this helps. I could be wrong as I have only just built this system and am still learning, to begin with I had heaps of software clash issues and was very frustrated with not knowing what was the best way to deal with it ie uninstall what, regedit issues, traces left of old version etc.
also if you want a lil more info on what I use with I let the DIP5 oc it I can send u what has worked for me best this far.
piece!

Vlada011
Level 10
Manual Mode is better.
What to do if XMP is 15-17-17-40 2T 2666MHz and speed setting is 15-15-15-36 1T.
What to do then, to use XMP, no, off course I will change Manual and set timmings I want and free Strap and other settings for easier OC CPU.

feedmeink
Level 12
Fine tuning memory can be a pain. If that is something you don't want to go through, just set xmp. Verify the voltage for dram is the same as what is showing on your sticks. Some boards don't update the voltage after xmp is set