cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Fan/ Aftermarket cooler for I5 3570k

Prof1980
Level 7
Hi all, Bought myself a maximus gene z-77 i5 3570k and 8 gig g.skill 1600mhz ddr3. and an asus dcii 670 as i was sick of not being able to play BF3 maxed on my old rig.
So for most of you lot prob not the best set up but basically was what I can afford atm and I wanted to start overclocking the c.p.u was just wondering what is the best fan or maybe watercooling setup I should get as atm i cant overclock at all as you prob already know these ivy bridge processors are a tad on the warm side 🙂 . Any help much appreciated oh and room is no issue in the case just the mobo itself of course
13 REPLIES 13

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the Republic of Gamers forums, Prof1980.

The important question here is how much are you willing to spend on it? And where are you going to shop for it?

Prof1980
Level 7
Haha 2 very sensible questions.
Well I live in the U.k so I normally use scan or Ebuyer for most of my stuff but anywhere in the u.k really is fine. Budget is flexible but I don't want to have to walk to work instead of drive if you know what I mean 🙂 I was thinking in the £100 ish bracket (pound sterling)

Chino
Level 15

Oh sorry should have said its a Coolermater HAF X mate and yeah Scan is brilliant isn't it 🙂

You see really i should have gone for an atx mobo as I had before but I've used asus boards for years but never a 'rog' board, But my bank didn'
t like the price of the atx 'Rog' boards lol. Plus I think this little mobo is brilliant for the money

Chino
Level 15
Say no more, mate. Corsair H100i for £91.32. Have fun walking to work. 😛

On a sidenote, don't let the MVG's size fool you. It's a powerful little monster and performs just as well as the bigger brothers. Here's the Guide: Overclocking The Core i5-3570K To 4.5GHz On The Maximus V GENE for when the H100i arrives. 😉

z0ki
Level 10
With closed WC loops such as Corsairs range I don't see why you would want to go air cooling? I would suggest getting a H100 or H100i and you wont need to worry about it, and maybe down the line get some better fans for the Corsair in push/pull.

If you are stuck on air cooling, get the Noctua NH-D14 which is the best of the rest when it comes to after market air cooling
[NEW RIG] Custom Acrylic Loop / i7 8700K @ 5.3GHz 1.34v / Maximus X Formula / G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB 3466Mhz / EVGA 780 Ti Classified's @ 1478mhz SLI / Corsair AX1200i Digital PSU / Samsung 2TB 960 Pro NVME / Corsair 900D / All EKWB

HiVizMan
Level 40
Both options are good. The H100 range is a solid performer no doubt.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i too have just got a i5 3570k,it will be going in either my antec df 85 case or my new case corsair obsidian 800d.
It will be going on my other new purchase asus maximus v extreme mb.
I will be venturing into the o/c game to see how high i can get little bugger to go,so is closed loop eg corsair h100/h100i
the way to go hivizman.