cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What profiles to use for CPU radiator fans ?

877cms
Level 7
Before thinking of overclocking I would like to know:

What profile should the CPU fans be set to? (3x120mm fans on radiator connected to CPU header).

Best to set this up in bios? At the moment it ramps up and down every few minutes which I find annoying, would prefer more delayed increase.

What are your settings?

Thanks

For info waterloop is as follows:
XSPC 360 radiator > XSPC reservoir > Laing 18W pump > EKWB gpu full cover > vram > EKWB cpu > back to radiator
Maximus X Formula | 8700K | 16GB Corsair Vengance 3600 | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Watercooled CPU & GPU
5 REPLIES 5

Links
Level 7
Try increasing "fan ramp up/down" setting in Q-fan control.
This might help against ramping.

For CPU fan I use 30sec, and for the case fan - the biggest value possible, to have the slowest ramping as possible.

Apart from this (my 7700k has heat spikes, as many of them do) I have set the fan graph to star to increase the rpms only from 55c (cpu temp).

Links wrote:
Try increasing "fan ramp up/down" setting in Q-fan control.
This might help against ramping.

For CPU fan I use 30sec, and for the case fan - the biggest value possible, to have the slowest ramping as possible.

Apart from this (my 7700k has heat spikes, as many of them do) I have set the fan graph to star to increase the rpms only from 55c (cpu temp).

Thanks Link!

I can't believe I missed that setting, I was looking in the "quick" settings rather than the "monitor" tab. I'll have a mess about with the settings to get rid of that annoying noise 🙂

Would be good if there was a detailed manual on BIOS settings somewhere..

Yes I get random spikes of temperature on a single core sometimes (not the same core), but very good temps overall and under stress test.

Cheers
Maximus X Formula | 8700K | 16GB Corsair Vengance 3600 | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Watercooled CPU & GPU

Marko911
Level 8
877cms wrote:
Before thinking of overclocking I would like to know:

What profile should the CPU fans be set to? (3x120mm fans on radiator connected to CPU header).

Best to set this up in bios? At the moment it ramps up and down every few minutes which I find annoying, would prefer more delayed increase.

What are your settings?

Thanks

For info waterloop is as follows:
XSPC 360 radiator > XSPC reservoir > Laing 18W pump > EKWB gpu full cover > vram > EKWB cpu > back to radiator

Bind the pwm curve of radiators fans with loop temperature sensor,so you wont get that awful ramping up and down sound of fans.

Marko911 wrote:
Bind the pwm curve of radiators fans with loop temperature sensor,so you wont get that awful ramping up and down sound of fans.

Even a better way to deal with the problem.

to 877cms
Plz give a feedback if "fan step up" helps.

Marko911 wrote:

Hi Marko911, great idea, but....foolishly I don't have a loop temperature sensor fitted (I'm guessing there's not on in the VRM heatsink on Forumula X).

Here is an option to connect it to the 2pin header on the motherboard http://www.xs-pc.com/temperature-sensors/g14-plug-with-10k-sensor-black-chrome

What do you think?

It could be fitted to one of the GPU waterblock plug holes

Links wrote:
Even a better way to deal with the problem.
to 877cms
Plz give a feedback if "fan step up" helps.

Hey Link yes it seems a good solution, your method of adjusting the ramp up/down times has worked a treat for now - thank you!