cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watercooling Block Roundup for ROG

X-ROG
Level 15
For those of you that want to go one step further with aftermarket cooling, watercooling is often the thought of many enthusiasts. While ASUS cannot warranty aftermarket modifications to its products, we still want to highlight these companies that invest energy in making extra parts for our hardware. As ever, we suggest reading media reviews to evaluate which one is best, and if such mods are suitable for you.

Here’s a brief roundup of professional waterblocks for our latest hardware: ROG, Sabertooth and DirectCU II. If you spot anymore we haven’t listed or have experience with customizing your ROG hardware, please drop us a link in the forums.

ASUS Radeon HD 7970 DirectCU II:
EK has announced on that ASUS Radeon HD 7970 DirectCU II blocks will be available around the end of Fed/start of March. You can catch updates on his website.

Rampage IV Extreme:
XSPC Rampage IV Extreme kit

Koolance Rampage IV Extreme kit

EK Rampage IV Extreme kits

Sabertooth X79
Koolance Sabertooth X79 kit

Maximus IV Extreme/Extreme-Z
EK Maximus IV Extreme kit

8 REPLIES 8

loveless
Level 7
Why no love for the AMD boards? If your just starting out with the whole H2O after market cooling, I would suggest looking at swiftech. They have really nice all-in-one kits like the H20-X20 Edge "HD" series liquid cooling kits and even if your not new at water cooling they have some great water blocks and pumps, ect ect. There is also anything from E.K., those guys are great and have great per-assembled "starter kits" and "pro" kits also.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Now we know that MarshallR@asus can build! Nice setup you have going there!

DaemonCantor wrote:
Now we know that MarshallR@asus can build! Nice setup you have going there!

I personally don't think it's his own build, not when the original image is here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?277135-EK-FB-KIT-RE4-a-full-board-block-for-ASUS-...
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

UltraNEO* wrote:
I personally don't think it's his own build, not when the original image is here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?277135-EK-FB-KIT-RE4-a-full-board-block-for-ASUS-...

No no It's not mine!! I borrowed from EK on XS.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
No no It's not mine!! I borrowed from EK on XS.

Credit should be given where credit's due 😉
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

mdzcpa
Level 12
I will chime in here and say I have the Koolance waterblock for the Rampage IV Extreme and I'm really happy with the cooling. As you can see in my signature, I watercool my 3960X to some decent speeds and and it takes stable and cool voltage to get there. Before the Koolance block I needed to keep the VRM area actively cooled with a fan. The waterblock eliminates that need. Better yet, by pulling all the heat off those CPU VRMs on the front of the motherboard, I saw a significant drop of all the components in the are including the CPU. At the same clocks and voltages I dropped my loaded CPU temps by 7-8c!! Nice!! The koolance block fits well, mounts easily, and includes all you need.

If you are already water cooling your CPU, and you want to push these hot running VRMs without any heat concerns, water cooling your RIVE can be very effective.

Granger
Level 10
+1 to Loveless

I have the H2O-320 EDGE HD in my rig and with the proc clocked at 4Ghz, the cores are 2° above ambient on idle and 10-12° above ambient with a 100% load.

edit: Forgot to add that I have the rig on "Silent" in the Bios, which basically means that the pump and the fans hardly go over 50% capacity when under 100% load (2400rpm for the pump (max speed 4500rpm) and 1300rpm for the fans (2000 rpm max))

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Dang and I thought we had a glimpse into MarshallR's great pool of knowledge!... Oh Well...:p