cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VII Hero & Heat

iblen
Level 7
Been churning mind on this setup for far to long now. Recently "upgraded" cooling without any effect.

The heat from this system is just immense. And I am wondering if it's supposed to be like that?
I just can't get around to believing CPU alone create heat enough to warm my entire apartment. Which it does by more than two celsius. It's just not supposed to be like that, case fan and radiator is pouring out hot air while in comparison my other clocked pc pump out cold air. Same go for a m8 with AMD + MSI and a single 120mm radiator, only after and during heavy gaming sessions his rear fan pump hot air running at a measly 700rpm, extremely quiet and adorable system.

Tired of the heat from my system and annoyed over h100i's noise I fetched kraken x61 and gelid extreme. The x61 was a fantastic upgrade, for heat reduction it was all a waste though.

4.6 is a to high clock. 1.35v is required, 1.30 give bsod. Everything points toward a terrible MB that produces immense amounts of heat. I know that the CPU create a lot of heat, but this is just ridiculous. Numbers scaling way off where they should be.

6 case fans. yet a average 31c case temperature soaring to 45+ during gaming, with additional heat reduction. Not allowing such a furnace operate unattended. Table fan blowing straight at the computer and door open for room air flow, room have a outdoor air intake ventile. I live in the cold north where getting room temperatures above 22c require great amount of heating, even at summertime if not counting the warmest periods which is like two weeks a year every july. You can always feel the cold in the air, unless in those two weeks.

It feels like a real waste of money and is a severe hit in the reputation of these companies.

For not to mention win7 hang on the black booting screen, making pc take a minute to startup. Making my 8 year old worktop hit windows 20 seconds earlier. Windows version is the same. Maybe VII hero cant handle two identical SSD's, or something. Only 1/4 times mouse works in bios, scroll wheel works every time, keyboard works, both usb with cord.

27 REPLIES 27

NemesisChild
Level 12
Your load temps are undoubtedly high, but OCCT shows you Vcore at 1.89v.
Are you saying your CPU hits 45c during gaming? If so, that's outstanding.
Please let us know your case make & model number and your case fan configuration.

Also, I suggest running RealBench stress test as it's more realistic versus other synthetic programs.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Your load temps are undoubtedly high, but OCCT shows you Vcore at 1.89v.
Are you saying your CPU hits 45c during gaming? If so, that's outstanding.
Please let us know your case make & model number and your case fan configuration.

Also, I suggest running RealBench stress test as it's more realistic versus other synthetic programs.

Don't know why vcore is listed that high, VIN4 show the actual voltage. Ran a 4.0 stock test and it have same vcore value as 4.6 clock test. Posting pic for comparison below.

The case is hitting 45+ during gaming. I would be very positive toward this hardware if it was the cpu temp hehe

Case is Corsair C70.
1 120 mm rear exhaust.
2 120mm intake front.
2 140mm intake on side blowing straight at gpu xfx 290x.
1 140mm bottom intake fan.
PSU bottom position fan facing down.
kraken x61 with fans in recommended push config.

Other stresstests show the same values and overheating issues. Prefer OCCT as it focus on temperature instead of system stability. Realbench is bsod fest compared, but attaching a slightly outdated pic from when h100i was in.

Nate152
Hello iblen

It seems you have a well below average 4790k cpu. You should be able to do 4.6GHz with around 1.25v. The fact your radiator is blowing out hot air means your cooler is working and doing its job.

It's not uncommon for the 4790k to hit 90c at 1.35v under 100% load with an all in one liquid cpu cooler.

You can try to start over with your over clock, clear the cmos and disable multicore enhancement and see if this drops your cpu temps any.

I agree with NemesisChild give realbench a try, that should also give you lower temps.

Nate152
On the attachment 47201 with max temp of 84c, that is about where I would expect your temps to be with your voltage while running the realbench stress test.

But it does seem you have a below average 4790k.

iblen
Level 7
Why is the CPU asking for so much voltage?

Nate152
Well as I said it seems you have a below average cpu, all cpu's are not created equal and some will need more voltage some will need less for the same speed.

Nate152 wrote:
Well as I said it seems you have a below average cpu, all cpu's are not created equal and some will need more voltage some will need less for the same speed.

It's hard to believe when almost every other example of the CPU out there have much lower voltage requirements. And even more so hard to believe that intel produce such vast different chips. The CPU is way off the numbers it should be at.

It's clearly not a cooling issue. 1150 MSI MB will be my next bit of hardware. Time to nail who's really the perpetrator. If it really is the CPU then I hope that AMD have better standards cause then intel have really lost me. I suspect that the perpetrator will prove to be someone else though..

Plenty of reports here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2244448/328v-voltage-give-4790k-evreyday-voltage-degrade-cp...

OneMoar
Level 7
OCCT is probly mistaking VCIN/input voltage for vcore 1.9 is about where it need to be for 1.3 vcore would make
sense
haswell gets really really hot at above 1.25V
would't surprise me if it warmed the room up especially if the room is closed with the machine running at load for hours

Praz
Level 13
Hello

OCCT displays VCCIN as VCORE.