cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[User Test]AMD Radeon R9 290X Loud ??? I have put it to the test

Henkenator68NL
Level 13
___ Well the Title of the Thread should have been R9 290X in stead off R9 280X !! ___

Hey guys,

I have been using my R9 290X for a while now, but I am surprised about the amount of comments that I read about the noise level...

How bad is it? Or is it??

I have made a little movie on this subject that I would like to share with you guys.

Part 2 is being made as we speak, since I have mounted a water block on the GPU, so I will post a link to the second movie later on.

So what do you think ? Is it loud?
11 REPLIES 11

Retired
Not applicable
cool videon Henk, thanks for sharing..

The radial blowers on the ref coolers, isnt a quiet solution..

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Great video, I loved the "Silence I chill you!" line at the end 😉

Though I will say, I noticed one fatal flaw in your testing with BF4...you had your speakers turned on, allowing extra noise(from the game) to be emitted and added to your Db reader app's meter. So, your results are flawed because of the extra sound from the game.

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Great video, I loved the "Silence I chill you!" line at the end 😉

Though I will say, I noticed one fatal flaw in your testing with BF4...you had your speakers turned on, allowing extra noise(from the game) to be emitted and added to your Db reader app's meter. So, your results are flawed because of the extra sound from the game.

Hi Myk,

I am happy the Silence I chill you got noticed LOL.

For the testing I didn't have the Speakers on, so the test results are purely "caused" by the FAN ramping up!

I did the sound with Battlefield through the speakers to get some kind of baseline or "what noise level do you get when gaming with speakers on". But the actual testing was with sound of!

So the results are clean as they should be !!

Al logfiles nicely loaded in excel and perfectly recorded !

kkn
Level 14
nice test you have done here henk and loads of kudos for that!!

kkn wrote:
Thanks kkn!! See you on bf4!

kkn
Level 14

Retired
Not applicable
that radial blower inside a enclosed box, is like sticking a hairdryer inside a contrabass
(ref cooler)

Henkenator68NL
Level 13
Just for the Fun of it I'll post a little video this week while running a max overclock with all extra fans at full power..... See how much dB that pulls :cool:

Retired
Not applicable
Henkenator68NL wrote:
Just for the Fun of it I'll post a little video this week while running a max overclock with all extra fans at full power..... See how much dB that pulls :cool:

22db?