cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Temps huge spike

WCPredator
Level 7
SOLVED: VRM Spread Spectrum had been disabled for some reason in ALL my OC profiles.. now those mystery temps are ice cold (<50c lol). So the 129c was real !!!!!!!

I've been using the same profiles for a few years now and have always dismissed some egg cooking temps as errors. Today I was using optimized BIOS defualts to check something and I noticed those "error" temps were in the normal range. Strange thing is that my normal profile settings are just a Vcore undervolt with leds off..
Optimized default (Concerning Temperatures are #3,#4 and $6)
Undervolt
68320 68321
24 REPLIES 24

Korth
Level 14
I did recently have a pair of these "limited edition" XFX 7870 cards die - both of them in the same week, from different electrical faults, exactly 3 years and a handful of days after manufacture date, hahaha, they've got their warranty down to a science. Haven't taken them apart yet, but the mighty coolers appear to still be going strong.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

I got one of the last of the XFX lifetime warranties hehe, 7970 died last year but was a mess b4 that, sent me an 390 - apparently the warranty still carries.. card seems surprisingly ok! First day it was runnnig at 94c bf4 ultra, sounded like fan brushing something i was like wtf - they said temp? thats fine, internet says amd says thats fine.. but since then never past 75c no more fan weird noises, actually hasnt hit 75c today and I've been playing bf4 all day, morning ultra, aft a few of the settings down cuz loud.. so loud

WCPredator
Level 7
SOLVED -> VRM spreadspectrum had been disabled for some reason in ALL my OC profiles.. now those mystery temps are ice cold (<50 lol).

Nate152
Intersting, I'm wondering if they were actual temps or with it disabled causes false readings.

touch test had it very hot, dunno about 130c, but it is covered by molded plastic, the thickest on the mobo, and it felt really hot through that