cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuf Gaming Z490 Overclock

JLB
Level 7
I've never OC'd a cpu, and due to my lack of understanding, have had to resort to paying the $20 insurance fee to intel, to use their Performance Maximizer. I've got a 10900KF on an Asus Tuf Gaming Z490 wifi. It got me a 5.2 passing, but throttled it 100mhz. This was in the FAQ...To ensure better stability Intel® Performance Maximizer software may apply a guard band (for example 100MHz) to the successfully tested processor core frequency. For this reason, users may see a difference between the tested and final displayed maximum overclocking frequency. In the end, I got 5.1. I would much rather do it in the bios, but I can't seem to get past this...And have no clue whatsoever as to what it means. As I type this, my highest core temp is 29C. The only gaming I do, is Iracing, which I understand is more CPU reliant, than video card, which in my case, is a 3080. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

1 REPLY 1

JLB
Level 7
Nobody? I can't set core ratios, all I see when clicking all core ratio limit is that N core ratio limit message. Is there something to enable/disable to show me core speed ratios?