cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training Profile setting in bios. AUTO/STANDARD/ASUS

sdmf74
Level 11
Im overclocking my memory and just trying to squeeze a little more performance out of this older trident Z RGB b-die kit and was curious about this setting in the ASUS MAXIMUS 13 HERO BIOS. Training Profile in memory settings has 3 options. AUTO / STANDARD / ASUS.

I changed it from the default Auto setting to ASUS profile and for the first time ever my PC seemed to boot up immediately which seems very strange?
Its as if it skipped the memory training altogether? I know this is a fairly new bios setting, at least for me coming from a Z270 to Z590 chipset.

Doing a search on the internet produced zero results.

Can somebody please explain to me what this setting (training profile) does exactly? The differences between the 3 options etc?
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA
5 REPLIES 5

sdmf74
Level 11
sdmf74 wrote:
Im overclocking my memory and just trying to squeeze a little more performance out of this older trident Z RGB b-die kit and was curious about this setting in the ASUS MAXIMUS 13 HERO BIOS. Training Profile in memory settings has 3 options. AUTO / STANDARD / ASUS.

I changed it from the default Auto setting to ASUS profile and for the first time ever my PC seemed to boot up immediately which seems very strange?
Its as if it skipped the memory training altogether? I know this is a fairly new bios setting, at least for me coming from a Z270 to Z590 chipset.

Doing a search on the internet produced zero results.

Can somebody please explain to me what this setting (training profile) does exactly? The differences between the 3 options etc?

Nobody?

superino
Level 7
anyone who can explain?

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
helps train my g.skill royals 32 gb 16gb x 2 4000 c16 @ 4100 c 15 quiker i noticed
Rig # 1 - 14900K SP-115 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.1 R | 4.5 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,400 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | XG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 13900KS-SP-120 | 80 MC @ 5.8 GHZ | 5.0 R | 4.5 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

sdmf74
Level 11
Been almost a year, I cant believe Nobody knows what this setting does.

I assume Auto is the same as standard like several other Asus bios settings but it is unclear what "triggers" the Auto setting or why we need two settings that do the same thing for so many bios settings.
I think it ONLY leads to confusion for Asus' customers especially since they refuse to use the description/notes field for bios settings in ANY meaningful way.

I wish Asus employees actually frequented their forum more often

digitalizeur
Level 9
I was able to Boot/Post with my Asus Z370-F my F4-3600C16Q-64GTRG kit (Trident Z Royal Gold) 4x16GB with the Training Profile set at Standard Profile, but it was unstable and used to BSOD or simply shut down suddently.
And all of this, when I'm browsing the internet, booting, gaming, and, even when trying to test to downgrade the bios, even at that time...

Now I'm trying to get help from G.Skill forums to make it work because I don't want to RMA them...