cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Skylake Score

Menthol
Level 14
Played around this morning to see if I could get over 100K and this is the results, not my daily clocks but not tweaked as far as I can go but got me to top of the charts for 4 cores

17 REPLIES 17

meankeys
Level 13
Nice Menthol
Good to see ya out there 🙂

Menthol
Level 14
Meankeys,
Happy New year, hope everything is going great for you and your family.
In another post I told someone that 100K was doable on Skylake so I figured I better prove it.
Wasn't sure I would make it on AIO cooling but I did delid my CPU awhile back which helped

meankeys
Level 13
Happy New Year to you and yours as well. That is a really nice run. Was that with your tridentZ Memory?
Skylake has produced some very nice results for me.

Menthol
Level 14
Yes that's with the Trident Z, timings from GSkill site for that speed

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Nice Menthol!....about what I'd expect from you 😉

meankeys
Level 13
Hi Arne
Happy New Year bud what have you been up to.

@Menthol... Les do you have the kit # on that tridentz your running. Is that 2x8 or 4x4 thanks

NemesisChild
Level 12
I notice that you have twin 980Ti's, but you disabled SLI for the benchmark?
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Menthol
Level 14
Thanks guys
meankeys, I am using 2 kits of 2x4GB 4000mhz, with ASUS T-topology some benchmarks score higher with 4 sticks installed, I set them with the primary timings of there 4x4Gb kit of 3866MHZ, I have made a couple short runs with all 4 modules at 4000mhz and lower timings at 1.65 volts
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231954
Some people are clocking there 3200MHZ kits just as high, I guess there are new Samsung modules E-die that are on some of the high end kits
I don't know how to tell which chips I have or how to tell when purchasing new kits other than you are more likely to get the new E-die chips on higher bind kits
Nemesis,
I don't normally run both cards, one is on my X99 RVE build, both EVGA 980ti Classified Kingpin models, I never got around to installing water blocks and really overclocking to the limit, maybe someday.

With just 2 sticks I am sure I could either clock higher or lower timings, 1T with 4 sticks at 3866 or higher has not been possible for me, daily I run max of about 1.4 to 1.425 volts on the memory, I was very hesitant to set 1.65 and hit enter, I just ran AIDA and shut down

I have to state that I haven't run memtest or google stress app to test for stability, so I am not stating these settings are stable and would not recommend more than factory rated voltages
Arne and meankeys know I am not afraid to run some high voltages but I have also killed several CPU's and motherboards and GPU's doing so, I miss HiVizMan and his competitions. i have thought about asking if I could put a couple friendly competitions on in these forums, don't know if they would let me, and I could never do as good a job as he did

meankeys
Level 13
Thanks for the info Les - as always you go above and beyond the call of duty. You are by far one of the best overclockers I know in my book and I value any and all the info you may share. Thank You sir. 🙂 I would think the powers to be would welcome you to put up a friendly competition. If so I am In.
Thanks again brother