cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titan X and case issues

Billups
Level 7
I'm worried that I will damage my gpu. I have to force the display port in the back to make it stick into the slot. There is a little black bar in the back above where the ports stick out that kinda gets into the way of the display port and thats why I have to force it into the back. Will this extra strain ruin the ports on my Titan x. My case is a full tower crosair 760t case if that helps. Thanks much in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hello Billups

Welcome to the ROG forum.

It's possible too much strain on the display port could damage it, maybe get out the dremel tool and grind it down a bit until it fits without forcing it.

Menthol
Level 14
Is that part of the case, sometimes installing your card may not end up perfectly straight try loosening both screws holding it down and straighten the card may help. Also some dispalyport cables have a lock that you need to push in for removal, it helps to push that in for insertion also

Thanks for the replys everyone. Yes I have tried to move it in the slot and loosen the screw, the best I've got is being able to force the displayport in. I don't know how willing I am to grind my case so I'm going to go to microcenter today and exchange it for a different gpu.

With the new gpu I was able to loosen the screw to make it fit. But if my gpu on the back is not uniform will this ruin the gpu if I leave it like this.

Menthol
Level 14
I don't think it will harm your GPU, it appears you have a small manufacturing defect with your case where your pcie slots don't match perfectly, I think you would be better off following Nate's recomendation