cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIP to make rog laptop silent before tweak.

maraker
Level 7
Simple:
1. Uninstall asus rog overlocking software. It is stupid. And not allow permanent select standard mode. Overtemp and so on.

2. Uninstall nvidia drivers by using DDU with safe mode.

3. Install nvidia driver. Not 391.x . Best start 388.x driver.
AND NOT INSTALL ANYOTHER AS driver and physx.
Nvidia experience eat lot of gpu and cpu steps. If not know what to do.

4. Reboot

5. Google how to stop windows 10 to made driver update. And disable that . Have to do in registry.

6. Test by gaming

In my system I can play bf1 and battlefront 2 with ultra settings and my temps are about 60 deg both cpu gpu. G701vik.

So silent .

If like very silent system. Go and made power plan and set intel turbo off. Have to do registry tweak. Google.
After that you can still play max settings any games and quiet fan.

Br markku å
3 REPLIES 3

skejcikk1
Level 7
Hello,
I got GL703VM SCAR edition. I don't have and dont use something like Asus ROG overclocking software. I want to make my ROG a bit quieter and colder. Now after repasting and cleaning i got 87-98C in Watch Dogs 2 and GTAV or FIFA 18. You have some advise what to do?

skejcikk1 wrote:
Hello,
I got GL703VM SCAR edition. I don't have and dont use something like Asus ROG overclocking software. I want to make my ROG a bit quieter and colder. Now after repasting and cleaning i got 87-98C in Watch Dogs 2 and GTAV or FIFA 18. You have some advise what to do?

Sounds like you gaming default by some overlocks. And you play max frames without any limit. You cpu or gpu throtle .

If you do not limit frames cpu gpu running always full. And heat is high. And that is not anypoint to do like that.
1. I mean rog gaming center. Uninstall it if installed.
2. If you do not use ddu or are installed full driver install, hd audio...nfe...3dster.. do ddu clean with safe mode. Install after that drivers and only drivers and physx.
3. After reboot. Install msi afterburner. If not installed. Nice to see cpu and gpu infos in overlay.
4. Frame cap game. If not used vsync you have to frame cap. If game not support it. Then use msi afterburner or nvidia inspector. I own 144hz panel i frame cap all by half. It is a point generate 144fps examples fifa.
5. Use vsync plus gsync if possible.
6. Disable intel turbo. It is can be disabled by power plan if activate that in registry.

Main point is chack when playing:
How high are cpu and gpu usage and temps.
How many fps is. Do i need so many frames. Is it point.
Then lower fps by frame capping and syncs and maybe disabling intel turbo if cpu never goes to 100%

And i have done power plan whete is intel turbo disabled and i can easily change other power plan where that is enabled.

One time again do not install nfe or hd audio when installing drivers and use ddu uninstaller

Please contact to me by private and tell some email address . I can send then screenshots and registry settings and other links .

Like you see. 60fps and low temps. low cpu and gpu usages. butter smooth game play. Game settings Ultra. Frame Cap 60 fps