Asus Crosshair V Formula Motherboard
AMD FX-8150 CPU
GTX 570 GPU
G-Skill RipJaw 16gb DDR3 RAM
Corsair pro series 750w PSU
ASUS VW246H monitor

The laptop is here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230408

The portability of the laptop is great, but the fact that it will become outdated faster than the desktop (Even though I have a somewhat outdated GPU)

I will be going to college next year and will be able to get a cheap netbook if I need one.

Both are at or under $1500
4 REPLIES 4

Zka17
Level 16
Welcome to the ROG forum!

Well, if you want portability for a laptop, don't go with a 17.3" one! Perhaps the best is to wait until you get to the college and go with a smaller (max 13") netbook... and build your system now... 🙂 You will be able to change that graphic card later if you need too...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I use a laptop because I need it for work otherwise I would throw it in the nearest bin. If I had to spend my own money on one I would weep bile probably. Desktop all the way unless you need portability. Lots of people have been sold that they need portability. Besides laptops are going to be so passé themselves soon with all the tablets coming out!:rolleyes:

kkn
Level 14
desktop and a cheep laptop to use in class, then you can use the desktop ti more heavy thing and as a backup if so.( but thats my opinnion )

Thanks for the replies!

I will probably just build a desktop now and, like you guys said, get a small netbook for school.