cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin bezel, good quality 27" 1440p ips monitor.

Gtechzero
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 27" 1440p ips or pls monitor with a good build quality. The only monitor i found that fitted my needs was the Samsung S27B970D, the only reason for not buying it is that the screen is glossy and that is not an option for me, because the room where the monitor would sit has 4 windows, and a lot of sun light comes through them. Thin bezel is not a requirement, just good build quality and aesthetics, most monitors that i can find either have an industrial design or the build quality is shoddy (cheap plastic). I'm not interested in cheap korean monitors, they have panels that were rejected by other companies and sometimes have dead pixels in them, and the warranty isn't that great either. Price should be around £600 (800-1000 USD, because you *******s always get everything cheaper :D) the cheaper the better of course, but the main issue is the panel and the aesthetics of the monitor itself.
3 REPLIES 3

nleksan
Level 10
Check out the thread @ OCN about de-bezelling monitors... Pretty sweet stuff!

Basically, for $900-1100 you can get 3x Qnix 1440p PLS 120hz (well, overclock-able 60hz) panels with less than 10mm gaps in landscape surround with custom mounts too!

Gtechzero
Level 7
Like i said im not going to buy a korean display :D, and i certainly don't need three of them :D. As i'm only going to get one monitor de-bezelling would be quite useless, and the overclock may greatly reduce the life of the display. I'm looking for a monitor that i could use for 5 years or longer so i want quality and aesthetics, because it's something i will be looking at for a long bloody time

desertdragon
Level 7
Have you looked at the Dell U2711? It's well regarded and has a very good build quality. The bezel is not as thin as the IPS models, but should not be obtrusive in any way. Anyway, just a suggestion - let us know what you end up with!