MMXMMX
Level 9
Hello

PC Specs :

Core I9 9900K
Asus Prime Z390-A
Corsair 3200 mhz

The CPU is running stock ad 1.4 voltage and it makes me scared

i don't want to overclock I just want a lower cpu voltage in the bios.
Can some 1 pl tel me a normal safe voltage not to high not to low ?
Mai by you can write what i have to do and i can print it out and apply it to the Bios.

If its simple to do mai by a screenshot guide ?
12 REPLIES 12

Khean
Level 10
MMXMMX wrote:
Hello

PC Specs :

Core I9 9900K
Asus Prime Z390-A
Corsair 3200 mhz

Mai by you can write what i have to do and i can print it out and apply it to the Bios.

When you are in the BIOS press F5 this will load the Default Settings then just activate XMP profile of your RAM. Press F10 to save and quit.

Hope this will help.

MMXMMX
Level 9
MMXMMX wrote:
Hello

PC Specs :

Core I9 9900K
Asus Prime Z390-A
Corsair 3200 mhz

After a bios update i only adjusted the XMP profile of the ram and set the M2 drives that it runs in raid and as start up device.
You sure i stil have to do this F5 suggestion ?

MMXMMX wrote:
After a bios update i only adjusted the XMP profile of the ram and set the M2 drives that it runs in raid and as start up device.
You sure i stil have to do this F5 suggestion ?

F5 will reset to factory Settings. Try first then if the temp OK activate the XMP if the temp still OK do the raid M.2
you need to see which one is causing the high temp.

Khean wrote:
F5 will reset to factory Settings. Try first then if the temp OK activate the XMP if the temp still OK do the raid M.2

Ok this is the readings after bios reset.
Running the GPU-Z test and look ad the CPU voltage pl

Khean wrote:

You where right

I did load F5 bios default and discovered that when you load XMP profile on the mem that under AI Tweaker a option : AI Overclok Tuner is loading the XMP1 setting and that setting is overclocking several things.

So i did a manual DDR4 3200mhz setting under AI Tweaker and did not load the mem XMP profile in the start window of the bios.

Vcore was peaking ad 1.42 and is now peaking ad 1.30 and not get higher then 1.30 that is better Thanks

MMXMMX wrote:
You where right

I did load F5 bios default and discovered that when you load XMP profile on the mem that under AI Tweaker a option : AI Overclok Tuner is loading the XMP1 setting and that setting is overclocking several things.

So i did a manual DDR4 3200mhz setting under AI Tweaker and did not load the mem XMP profile in the start window of the bios.

Vcore was peaking ad 1.42 and is now peaking ad 1.30 and not get higher then 1.30 that is better Thanks

Don't look at VID values, scroll down HWiNFO and find Vcore reading. VID is reading before applying Load Line Calibration - in my case Vcore under high load at stock 4.7GHz with removed power limits is something like 1.137. Run Cinebench or RoG Realbench for example and check what's Your Vcore when it's stressed.

MMXMMX
Level 9
BTW CPU-Z is giving another reading then Core temp ! What reading do y believe ?

See below 🙂

Zka17
Level 16
How about manually lowering the CPU Vcore voltage?!

If you are not OC'ing the CPU, you should run it at way lower voltages! Well, that if you're not extremely unlucky on the silicon lottery...

So, after you set the XMP for the memory, then go lower on that page and find the Vcore - set on manual, then choose 1.2V for the beginning.
Then run some tests and see if the system is stable. If not, you can increase that voltage in 0.05V increments until you find the lowest voltage where the system is stable.*