cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System acting all weird - Multiple issues, all of the sudden.

joppiano
Level 7
Hi all.

I am currently experiencing some weird problems I cant seem to solve, I hope you can help.

Yesterday, all of the sudden my system started acting really weird.
First, all of the sudden MSI Afterburner couldnt detect my GPU, even tho other apps could. Fixed it by uninstalling drivers & re-installing multiple times.
Then today, suddenly Realbench wont run due to "OpenCL Error: clBuildProgram(-9999)" popping up in Luxmark ( see picture: https://gyazo.com/c92c6a17f403317d9059de2e47efcc5f )
I have tryid re-installing Realbench twice, no success - Still same error in Luxmark.
Also I cant open HWInfo64 anymore. It gets hard stuck at "Analyzing memory configuration" - also CAM software isnt reporting any values. The values just seem stuck.

I have no clue what happened, but out of nowhere, my system just seemed all messed up.
When re-installing GPU drivers, I used DDU in safemode, every time.

So in short, feels like a lot of different apps is started to hang & malfunction quite a lot, even with 0% load on the cpu.

System:
Asus Z390-F
Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHz
Asus RTX 2070
RM 750x
Windows 10 (up to date)
All other drivers is up to date as well.

Hope you have any idea what is going on.

Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Run "sfc /scannow" in Command Prompt (open as admin)....

Maybe clean OS install time?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Run "sfc /scannow" in Command Prompt (open as admin)....

Maybe clean OS install time?

So SFC actually did find corrupted files AND succesfully repaired it. Or so it said so. (pic: https://gyazo.com/529ecde17e766e80a32b79e2ca1818ca )

Anything I have to do after this is completed ? Such as running the /DISM tool or anything?

And how do I fix that error with Realbench? I tryid reinstalling gpu drivers multiple times and reseating gpu as well. No luck.

Also, I did thought about re-installing windows, but I wanted to wait until I had my RAM overclocked, since I've heard that RAM OC failures can corrupt OS as well.

drop4205
Level 12
Run a memtest on the ram ?
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Yup, Intel CPU, Corsair memory, Nvidia GPU, and Asus motherboard. This combination seems plagued with trouble. I am ready to do a clean install, but wondering how you do that. I want to utterly and completely erase the whole caboodle and start over with my system.

drop4205
Level 12
when installing windows click on the custom install not express and delete all the drives so you are left with one showing and then proceed to install. I usually load all new drivers onto usb prior to install and when I install windows I dont use Ethernet or wifi until I install all the chipset, IME ethernet, gpu and audio. There may be other ways but thats what I do
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

joppiano
Level 7
After running "sfc /scannow" it seems to have fixed the overall hang & malfunction of my system.

I also managed to fix Realbench OpenCL error, by re-installing GPU drivers multiple times. I guess there was some corruption going on.

However, I am running into a Realbench stability issue now.
Realbench has now "Detected instability (Blender)" at 7 hours and 50 minutes in a row. Same time mark both times.
I have never seen this current instability message before. Also, no WHEA errors is reported in hwinfo64 or event viewer.

Can anyone tell me what this is related to ? And why is it coming at exactly the same time mark ?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You have to pay for it (and I have no link to the software or writer) but the best test for memory instability is Karhu RAMTest

This will very quickly tell you if your RAM is stable in the OS

If you reinstall windows do it at default settings to ensure RAM stability.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
You have to pay for it (and I have no link to the software or writer) but the best test for memory instability is Karhu RAMTest

This will very quickly tell you if your RAM is stable in the OS

If you reinstall windows do it at default settings to ensure RAM stability.

So I assume since your suggesting this, you suspect the "Instability Detected (Blender)" is caused by unstable RAM, yes ?

I just got a new kit of RAM a few days ago, and I have tested my RAM multiple times using GSAT, HCI Memtest and TestMem5, and no errors.

I also find it weird, that Realbench detects instability at EXACTLY the same time mark, 7 hours 50 minutes - or as realbench says it "470mins".