cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Z370 Gaming E + i7 8700 HIGH TEMPS on idle

RoshGG
Level 7
Hi everyone, my name is Rosh. Recently i upgrade a H370 mother to a ASUS Z370 Strix Gaming-E one.
I have a Intel Core i7 8700 non K with stock cooler and on my old mother the temps were 30º/33º on idle, 68º on The Witcher 3. Now i'm getting 35º/60º on idle and 90º on The Witcher 3.
I don't set any OC settings on the BIOS but i read on forums that some Turbo Mode maybe is enabled by default in Z370 mothers.

(HWMonitor Temps on idle)

My PC:
Motherboard: ASUS Z370 Strix Gaming-E
Processor: Intel Core i7 8700 (stock cooler)
Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 3200 (2x8gb) NO XMP enabled
VGA: Asus Strix GTX 1070

If you need some BIOS Screenshots please let me know. Thanks for reading
11 REPLIES 11

Carlyle2020
Level 10
What was the vcore max after the stress test please?

You have cut it off right when the movie got interesting.

And would you kindly check both boards at the CPU socket.
Can you see any difference that would maybe explain a bad contact between cooler and CPU?

That fast of a rise in heat tells my gut that the mechanical side of things warrants a once-over, again.
Get a different view. With a camera or simply looking at all 4 sides without haste.

If vcore is within reason there is no other factor that i can think of that hasn't already been mentioned by the other esteemed members.

Rgds Carlyle

Carlyle2020 wrote:
What was the vcore max after the stress test please?

You have cut it off right when the movie got interesting.

And would you kindly check both boards at the CPU socket.
Can you see any difference that would maybe explain a bad contact between cooler and CPU?

That fast of a rise in heat tells my gut that the mechanical side of things warrants a once-over, again.
Get a different view. With a camera or simply looking at all 4 sides without haste.

If vcore is within reason there is no other factor that i can think of that hasn't already been mentioned by the other esteemed members.

Rgds Carlyle

Thks for your comment bud. I will check the boards as soon i get home today. Also i bught a "Corsair H110i" AIO this morning so if shipping info is correct i'll get it the next monday or tuesday to make test with it in the two boards. With the AIO Water Cooling the temperatures should be the same or nearly 2 degrees up or down.

Thanks again for all the help guys, i will post any changes or the solutions (if i found it) here 😄