cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Z270H Gaming board stuck at 800mhz??

The_Nephilim
Level 8
Hey Guys,

I decided to see if this board still worked after being in storage for a year or so.. Well it booted up fine but the problem I am having is it seems to be stuck at 8X Multiplyer..

Now I did not overclock and I setup from Defaults. Plus I upgraded bios and it still says the Clock speed is 800mhz.. I looked on google but it was just the basic banter about setting Cstates and such.. well I am pretty sure that is not it I may have a bunk board but wanted to be sure there is something I am missing..

other then the Clock speed it is running good.. I did try to overclock it and it did not budge still had 8x multiplyer.. stumped 😉
5 REPLIES 5

The_Nephilim
Level 8
I got it working I downloaded Throttle Stop and ddisabled BD Prochot and voila. I did google the answer seems pretty prevalent problem..

Menthol
Level 14
Thank you for posting back your solution, this may help someone else

Plus Rep for you

The_Nephilim
Level 8
Your Welcome but I was wondering since they say it is a sensor that went faulty or similar would this mean the board is on its way to being dead?? the only thing that is not good is when I first install windows since the PC is running only at 800mhz it takes a while to get Windows installed and to get a few things installed before I can install Throttle stop..

I was hoping there was a more permanent fix for this issue.. I seen a few people say that after the updated BIOS the problem went away.. but in my case it did not.. I did read about a switch some boards have for use with LN2 which I think it throttles down the cpu clock but I did not have a switch they mentioned..

But at leaset I dont have to buy a new mobo anytime soon for now this seems to be working just fine..

Menthol
Level 14
I had a Hero that did the same thing, I flashed all the way back to original bios and worked my way to latest without any luck, if you can return to retailer or RMA would be the best thing to do as you shouldn't need an app to get it to work

Well it is too late to send back as the warranty expired some time ago.. Yes I understand I should not need a program to fix this but it was the only thing that worked..

From what I read on the net it is a sensor that went faulty and causing this issue.. I will just get a new PC in the comming months but I will need to save up some money.. Not really an ideal solution but at least it works for now..