cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single slot 460? Yes! it work!

martin_metal_88
Level 8
When XFX released the firstHD5670 single slot, many people were sure it wouldn't work. But it was great. Now KFA2 is trying to score on a GTX460 featuring DP + 1 DVI and a single slot full body cooler! Guess what, IT WORK!

I was myself expecting terrible noise and temp from this idea, but according to this GURU3D review it's not that bad. With a single DVI and a DP, this card would be a perfect match for a mid system running a single screen, for folding system or for gaming HTPC!

Will Asus enter the game?

Article here :
http://www.guru3d.com/article/kfa2-galaxy-geforce-gtx-460-razor-review/
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!
5 REPLIES 5

Retired
Not applicable
neat idea, but im not a big fan. looks beefier with a 2 slot config. if you see our upcoming DirectCu2 design, we are actually going 3 slot (2.5 physical card) its just beefier

xeromist
Did you just dis a unique design because it wasn't big enough? *sigh* It's no wonder enthusiasts have to beg and plead to get new SFF parts.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
I'd just shell out the money for 2 or 3 slots. I'd be paranoid about the smaller space generating more heat, personally.

xeromist
I'm not really worried about the cost so much. I like to build a compact systems that are very portable and perform well. I've been moving to progressively smaller cases with each of my last builds and I want to go smaller. It doesn't have to be top of the line but it needs to be decent.

And you don't really worry about heat with an appropriate design. As long as the heat is going out of the case then it doesn't really matter how you achieve it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
i really like the one slot designs, I'll take one