cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I flash my Watercooled Strix 980ti's ?

siliconart
Level 10
I am wanting to know if I should be flashing my cards to get the most out of them?

From what I have seen on Overclockers.net Mr-Dark's post shows that if the PerfCap Reason shows Blue, that my power is being limited.

Here is a quick recording of my 2 cards in SLI and Custom Watercooled.

Top Card ASIC Quality is 69.4%
Bottom Card ASIC Quality is 75.4%

- Intel Core i7 4770K OC @ 4.3 - MAXIMUS VII HERO - Gskill TridentX 16GB (2x8) DDR3 2400Mhz - 2x Asus Geforce GTX980ti DirectCU II OC 6G in SL I- Samsung 840 PRO SERIES 256GB - WD 4TB Caviar Black 7200rpm - Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Fans upgraded to: Air Series SP120 HP) - Corsair AX1200i Platinum Power Supply
3 REPLIES 3

Menthol
Level 14
private video can't be seen.
That is totally up to you my friend, personally I would say you have more GPU power than can be used on a 4770K @ 4.3 but if you chose to do so you will need very good cooling to see any advantage and even then it will be minor, I am not sure on the Strix, but the Matrix had pins to short that then allowed over volting with GPU Tweak, , I would suggest don't over volt the memory at all if you like those cards

siliconart
Level 10
hmm ok, can you see the video now?
- Intel Core i7 4770K OC @ 4.3 - MAXIMUS VII HERO - Gskill TridentX 16GB (2x8) DDR3 2400Mhz - 2x Asus Geforce GTX980ti DirectCU II OC 6G in SL I- Samsung 840 PRO SERIES 256GB - WD 4TB Caviar Black 7200rpm - Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Fans upgraded to: Air Series SP120 HP) - Corsair AX1200i Platinum Power Supply

Menthol
Level 14
Yes Video is now view-able
If you are going to flash the bios, the site you mentioned above is probably the best place to find one, it is easy to flash and flash back, just don't forget to save your current bios to a file and don't expect huge gains