cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running DOCP Profile Causes Intability

GarthBish
Level 7
Hello All,

I just built a new pc and can't get it to boot with 4 sticks at the DOCP profile which is 3000mhz. 2 works fine but when i add the second set it becomes unstable.
I have tried running Taiphoon and Ryzen calculator to get the values for manual timings and replacing timings but still unstable. Tried increasing voltage to 1.4v incrementally for 1.35v and still wouldn't boot.

Does anyone have any ideas?

My Build:
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B450-f Gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700x
DRAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8) 3000mhz (trying to run another 16gb kit of same brand and speed)
GPU: Asus ROG Strix AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB Overclock
PSU: Rosewill Glacier 850W 80+ Bronze

Thanks for the help!
4 REPLIES 4

RedSector73
Level 12
If you're using Ryzen Dram Calculator, you need to make sure you change to 4 dram stick and then calculate the timings.

Helps to check QVL before purchase as it will say if the board is approved for use 2 or 4 sticks. DOCP will only work for 4 stick if they are on QVL typically.

What brand is on the sticks, samsung, micron or hynix and die type ?

The RAM sticks are Samsung B-Die

Try following this method and use the Ryzen Dram calculator.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cw3cn0/psa_use_thaiphoon_to_exportimport_your_xmp/

GarthBish wrote:
The RAM sticks are Samsung B-Die

B-die is not a magic bullet there is binning. ddr3000 is near bottom of that barrel to start with.

Hi,
I run four DIMMs with my 2700X. You will struggle to hit over 2933MHz with all four slots occupied. Unless you hit jackpot in the silicon lottery, the memory controller just can't handle the extra load.

Set it as DOCP, then select the speed as 2933. Ensure also that the Mem voltage is being set correctly- mine is at 1.38v, but 1.35v should do it nicely.
I'm using TeamGroup 8Pack 3200 c14 stuff, and currently run 4x8GB at 2933c14 with the 'Fast' timings from the DRAM Calculator no problem.

If I step down to two sticks, 3200 c14 Fast is no issue. Four sticks will not run stable for all the volts or tweaking in the world...