cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG VII Formula : Good Begginners Overclock with AI Suite III - Assistance Needed

lopezoa
Level 7
Hello ROG community!
While I find the Advanced settings in the ROG VII Formula UEFI somewhat intuitive, they same can't be said about AI Suite III. It seems that both programs conflict with each other when dialing in voltages and end up being a bigger mess when trying to reach a stable OC. Let's say, I stick with using AI Suite III for a manual OC, what are the areas to dial in vcore, manual, offset, and or adaptive, DRAM frequencies, etc. I have being messing around with it and when I set things back to default to start over, I get a crazy core voltage dialed in for turbo speeds on a 4790K and when running AIDA64, it down locks back to 4GHz. Where are the AUTO settings and what are the manual settings that can be dialed in? It all seems so confusing in AI Suite. I Like the fan control the suite offers so I would like to get a good starting point to understand how the software works and if there are any (current) comprehensive guides out there I can either read upon or follow. I have been looking but most of the OC information I find is based on UEFI bios and not AI Suite III. Any and all help/assistance is greatly appreciated. 🙂

Current Specs:
Rog VII Formula
Noctua NH-D15
Patriot Viper Low Profile 2133 (32GB)
3 REPLIES 3

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi lopezoa
Conflicts can and will occur when OCing from within Windows using AISuite.
Honestly imo, AISuite has some nice features but too many problems for stable OCs
Recommend you uninstall AISuite and only make changes and settings in Bios only.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi lopezoa
Conflicts can and will occur when OCing from within Windows using AISuite.
Honestly imo, AISuite has some nice features but too many problems for stable OCs
Recommend you uninstall AISuite and only make changes and settings in Bios only.

Thank you mean machine. What steps-by-step OC guide do you recommend for the M7F? I've seen some around but not for this board in particular. Any clues? Also, I'm still looking to understand this piece of software better (AI Suite III) so hopefully someone else will chime in about a good guide or walkthrough. Your recommendation is certainly appreciated!

MeanMachine
Level 13
Best guide for OCing at the moment is JJ's presentation on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7zPu9255ZI
Even if it not exactly your config it still applies. You really need to understand your Bios for stability and OCs.

Get the uninstaller here for when you need it: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28319-AI-Suite-II-uninstall-cleaner&country=&status=

The best guide re: AISuite is to read relevant posts and to more fully understand your Bios when attempting to use it.
I don't know of any specific guide or walk-through.
This may help: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?39704-6-AI-Suite-III-Tips-That-Will-Save-Your-Life!&highlig...
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]