cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX X760E-F Gaming and DDR6000 (DOCP) not stable

opti2k4
Level 7
Memory in question is Kingston fury beast KF560C40-16 (32GB total)

I used memory test program memtest to boot and run memory test, it showed no errors on 6000. However, when I tested memory using Testmem5 with Extreme1@anta777 configuration it did show some errors. Those error were not present when memory is set to 5600. Ram is placed in correct slots, otherwise system won’t boot at all (I did have them in wrong slots initially). This is clearly something with BIOS. Just to make it clear, DOCP profile with memory speed set at 5600 I am experiencing no issues. Obviously something is not tested thoroughly with this memory. I am running 0805 bios. Did someone manage to get 6000 memory 100% stable without games randomly crashing?
5 REPLIES 5

Murph_9000
Level 14
Check if your exact memory kit part number is on the Strix X670E-F Memory QVL. The part number you gave isn't on the list, but maybe you abbreviated it, or that's the part number for the DIMMs rather than the kit, or something like that.

I got a B650E Strix F, but also a 6000 CL36 Expo Kit which isnt on the QVL, because I thought EXPO is a standard..
Funny thing is with my Expo Profile on it also starts only at 5600.
With some Gskill Flare X5 6000 CL32 Kit it boots only with 5000.
I guess we just have to for some new Bios releases.

Murph_9000
Level 14
EXPO does not override the importance of the QVL. It's still overclocking, and can have compatibility issues. EXPO should hopefully improve things, by having a broader set of parameters specifically aimed at the AMD platform, but it's quite early days for both DDR5 and EXPO.

opti2k4
Level 7
On the invoice PN for memory is KF560C40BBK2-32, CPU-Z says KFC540C40-16 on memory module. That memory is on the QLV list.

opti2k4
Level 7
I've managed to get 6000 stable. Setting speed manually to 6000 in AMD overclock and 1:1 for infinity fabric was the key. Didn't touch CMRT as I couldn't find setting for that. I think setting DOCP should do this by default so I am pretty sure it's bios that needs a lot more work.