cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG RealBench Chat and Comments

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please guys can we keep all the chat here in this section. Lets give it a try for a while and if it does not work I will combine the threads again.

The first post in the the new league thread is a worth one indeed. Samual you are the ROG real-bench kind dude no two ways about it.

884 --- samual --- 3770k --- 5252 --- 16g@2692 --- Maximus V Formula
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
304 REPLIES 304

meankeys
Level 13
Flex you are a mad scientist lol nice bench brother. Do you plan on using that coollabs on top of the cpu as well?. I was affrade it might mess up the mirror finish on my cpu block

meankeys wrote:
Flex you are a mad scientist lol nice bench brother. Do you plan on using that coollabs on top of the cpu as well?. I was affrade it might mess up the mirror finish on my cpu block
No worries, about the mirror finish. You will gain some extra degrees minus. Get some fine sandpaper no 1500 - 2000. Stick it on glass surface and gently lap it on it. It will shine back as a mirror. ...but the copper color will have a permanent silver hue :).

meankeys wrote:

i have it on the die and on the lid,not lapped yet, ..but gonna do that this week and i think i will do a thin layer coolab anyway.. we will see what is better

flexnl wrote:
i have it on the die and on the lid,not lapped yet, ..but gonna do that this week and i think i will do a thin layer coolab anyway.. we will see what is better
Lap it on a glass surface to make it totally flat and use coolabs as a paint. You don't need big quantity.

nikosa43
Level 12
Crimson, you do everything fine. I was playing with words, you don't do anything wrong. I was just amazed of your CPU and how well it clocks with such low voltage. After that I look at myself, Flex or Samual and others, trying to cool down our toasters and I am convinced that God has a great sense of humor 😄

Nodens
Level 16
Random post so I can get updates on new posts:p
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

meankeys
Level 13
Way to Flex those muscles Flex

Nice run 826 @ 4987 nice!

meankeys wrote:
Way to Flex those muscles Flex

Nice run 826 @ 4987 nice!

tnx meankeys...and temps still going down as the new coollabultra is settling in
going to run tonmorrow morning 05:00 when its the coldest point of the day and try for 850 haha

Crimsonomega
Level 7
You're a madman Nikosa43 😛

Anyway wonderfull scores u got there Meankeys, I'm jealous!!!!

I will post my Memory for HiVizMan as requested ( my memory needs a closer look).

Crimsonomega wrote:
You're a madman Nikosa43 😛 Anyway wonderfull scores u got there Meankeys, I'm jealous!!!!I will post my Memory for HiVizMan as requested ( my memory needs a closer look).25623
lol, yes we all hide a madman inside 🙂 Allow me to say a few things. Before you feel more comfortable with overclocking in general, do not use Extreme LLC, because it hides lots of drawbacks. Instead, use Ultra high. You may need a bit higher voltage than the one you use now but it's more safe. Do not push BCLK too much because it can easily make your system more unstable. Don't be jealous of the high scores you see. Jealousy is a very bad advisor and you can damage your system. First become familiar with a good clock that runs stable and with low temps and learn how to make all the tweaks that raise your score at that clock.Try to get your higher score at that clock and after that start to push your clocks higher with the tweaks you learned. The high scores will come in no time. Keep some notes of the things you do and how they affect the three different tests of the benchmark. Don't shoot here and there pushing your clocks just higher hoping for a high score. The only thing that you will have in the end, it will be, in best case scenario, a corrupted OS.