cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG RealBench Chat and Comments

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please guys can we keep all the chat here in this section. Lets give it a try for a while and if it does not work I will combine the threads again.

The first post in the the new league thread is a worth one indeed. Samual you are the ROG real-bench kind dude no two ways about it.

884 --- samual --- 3770k --- 5252 --- 16g@2692 --- Maximus V Formula
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
304 REPLIES 304

nikosa43 wrote:
Mmmm... Closed beta, yum yum. Winter time, cold nights, rain falling on the windows, fireplace, beta testing new RB 🙂 Am I romantic?

You won't need a fireplace if you're benching..case exhaust will fix you right up..
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
You won't need a fireplace if you're benching..case exhaust will fix you right up..

Yeah Baby RB will be HOT!

Keep up the great work Nodens. Looking forward to version II. If I only knew 1/2 of what you guy's forgot about this stuff I would be a very smart and a happy camper 😉

IM2L844
Level 12
Im what seems to be the problem? What kind of scores are you getting? This is on your haswell cpu right?

Not sure. Was getting 725-735 range before with 4.6GHz. Now, I can't break 720 with fresh RB, the same settings, tweaks, crossed fingers and facial deformations. Disconnecting my external HD helped a little, but I'm missing something. Maybe I'm not holding my tongue right....
Yep it's the 4770k. I think I might go back and play with my P8Z77 Pro-V with the 3770k for couple days and see if I can coax some kind of epiphany to come to me by pretending I don't care.

IM2L844 wrote:
Not sure. Was getting 725-735 range before with 4.6GHz. Now, I can't break 720 with fresh RB, the same settings, tweaks, crossed fingers and facial deformations. Disconnecting my external HD helped a little, but I'm missing something. Maybe I'm not holding my tongue right....
Yep it's the 4770k. I think I might go back and play with my P8Z77 Pro-V with the 3770k for couple days and see if I can coax some kind of epiphany to come to me by pretending I don't care.

IM I am far from being the expert here but this is what I would try

1. Go back to the basic bios settings best know version.
2. set the board up to your fastest stable OC
3. Run your memory up to it's fastest stable know speed @ default timings
4 Run RB with the latest know tweaks at least 2 times post your score
Oh and # 5 swoop your dimm's A to B and B to A

The reason for step 5 is to stop you from thinking in to this to hard. RELAX you know what works do it. 🙂

IM2L844
Level 12
Thanks, MK. I think I'm back in the saddle. I don't know how all the Windows 8.1 performance dynamics work, but the official release left a whole bunch of crap files that needed cleaned up and it created two recovery partitions on my SSD. After getting all that sorted out, my RB scores picked up. This is with the settings I had saved to HWBot - XTU that previously produced a 735 score and I think these results are within an acceptable margin of varience from run to run:

Now, I can go ahead and see what 47 & 48 will do, but I think I'm gonna just set this machine up with a nice hefty adaptive oc for everyday use now that the temperatures are under control. I think I'll set my sights on building a dedicated benching rig so I don't have to constantly fiddle with settings per separate intended uses. I'm hooked on this hobby so I might as well plan on getting set up to maximize long term enjoyment of it.

meankeys
Level 13
Lookin much better IM. I am glad you got it all sorted out. That score looks better for sure. Yes this hobby is very addicting and it make it that much more fun when your setup with a bench and dedicated rig. good luck my friend I look forward to seeing an 800 RB score shortly 🙂

solaufein_gr
Level 10
You people are very kind. Thank you, i had a great time. A place to learn and have a good time and make friends 🙂

Nodens
Level 16
IM, while what you're planning is the best course of action, I wanted to let you know that you can use the profiles saving feature for your settings. It's really there for benchmarking heh. As long as you're int he same UEFI version your can save and load as you please:)
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Abyssic
Level 7
isn't rog supposed to be gaming oriented? why is this a workstation benchmark?

Zka17
Level 16
Welcome, Abyssic, to the ROG Forum!

The thing is that ROG is already over the gaming... the top/Extreme boards are for overclocking... 🙂

This is only the first version of RealBench - as I understood, the next version will have more detailed testings, maybe it will include graphics too... which would be a good pre-test for gaming...