cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG RealBench Chat and Comments

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please guys can we keep all the chat here in this section. Lets give it a try for a while and if it does not work I will combine the threads again.

The first post in the the new league thread is a worth one indeed. Samual you are the ROG real-bench kind dude no two ways about it.

884 --- samual --- 3770k --- 5252 --- 16g@2692 --- Maximus V Formula
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
304 REPLIES 304

Zka17 wrote:

The thing is that ROG is already over the gaming... the top/Extreme boards are for overclocking... 🙂

yeah sure, rog hardware is overclocking hardware but overclocking is also a thing for gaming and i just don't get over the fact, it's called republic of GAMERS and not republic of professional overclockers wich are mostly editing on their pc (ROPOCWAMEOTPC) ...that would be a grat name too xD

Nodens
Level 16
Unfortunately the OpenGL test did not make it in v2. Due to time constraints and lots of changes in tests and stress test plus other functions such as online leaderboard, automated score uploading, etc. We want to tackle the OpenGL test properly and that will need a version on its own most likely:)

Public beta very soon now. Should be this week. (We are not doing a closed one..public directly).

PS You can not classify RB as a workstation benchmark. It's a performance benchmark based on realistic usage scenarios. The concept behind it is to see how your system performs in a task that you actually may find yourself doing instead of running a few algos and display a performance bar. That allows a clear comparison of system performance that is understandable to any user, contrary to calculating something like Gigaflops..or other arbitrary number that no normal user can translate into tangible system performance differences. Eventually it will cover the *gaming* scenario as well. But we don't want to do a 3dmark type of test for that. We have something else in mind for it.

EDIT: Btw, with v2 you won't even need to run CPU-Z tabs for your screenshots. And it also has a builtin screenshot function with superior image quality output;)
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

meankeys
Level 13
Nodens your making my mouth water in anticipation 😄

nikosa43
Level 12
Yes it's nice to welcome the new one. It's like a new game hitting the stores. Exploring new areas and unlocking mysteries it's my favorite. Can't wait!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
If the last one was RealBench what is this one....UnRealBench....HyperRealBench...RealRealBench....DisIsFo'RealBench...??

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
If the last one was RealBench what is this one....UnRealBench....HyperRealBench...RealRealBench....DisIsFo'RealBench...??
ROG MagmaBench? CPU meltdown 😄

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Zka17
Level 16
Think this way... usually the best hardware is made for gaming, there is no need for that performance in any other regular use - that's how the "Republic of Gamers" class has born... then it has evolved... the "Gene" and "Formula" boards are still made primarily for gaming, but yes, you can OC them too... but then the "Extreme" has came for ultimate OC'ing... - you can still game on those too, but they're usually overkill for gaming...

As for why the nomenclature has not been changed - who knows?! Asus likes in this way... does it really matter?

Nodens
Level 16
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40057-RealBench-v2.0-Public-Beta!

In case you guys didn't notice!
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Poco_OM
Level 10
"program files modified or corrupted"
I have been getting this from time to time whilst running realbench, and I am not sure why. I suspect it is an unstable overclock with the Ram that is causing it and would appreciate any input anyone has.