cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG OC Showdown Team Edition 2 runs from September 22nd to November 6th

AkaNe0
Level 10
A second of the ROG OC Showdown - Team Edition will start on September 22nd till November 6th. The ASUS Republic of Gamers team did very well, and with some additional efforts, I believe you can make it to the top 2 teams that will be awarded!

VISIT COMPETITION PAGE

TEAM TABLE (benchmarks / rules / requirements / team scores)

The competition is open to all overclockers, including air / water / extreme cooling. To make it fair, each of the 5 stages, will have it's own limitation. See the table below for more details:

This time a total prize pool of $6,000 USD is up to grab. How to win:
-> Be part of the top 2 overall team
-> Get the best individual score in one of the five stages
-> Be the most valuable player by scoring the most points to your team

One of the most interesting prize, is the upcoming ROG Maximus. See full prizes table.

The scoring will be made automatically by the HWBOT engine, but teams need to be strategic on members that will submit for each of the stage to be among the Top 2 teams winning the big jackpot!

For example, let's take Stage 3 - wPrime 32M.
-> Overclockers from Rookies, Novices, Enthusiasts and Apprentice leagues can submit a score (no limitation in number of participants)
-> No cooling limitation
-> The top 3 best scores of the team will create an average and points for the overall ranking
-> The top 3 scores need to use a different CPU's model (i5 6600K, i7 6700K and i7 7700K for example)

Before getting into the competition, make sure to read the rules and each stage rule.

Good luck to the team, and keep pushing it!
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
30 REPLIES 30

meankeys wrote:
They got it sorted out
Thank You

What was the issue?

meankeys
Level 13
WhiteWulfe says: 1080 Ti isn't allowed in that stage: Competition's Rules

websmile says: Cough - it is 1080 that menakeys uses which is allowed. The algorythm did not recognize validation link because of https, I removed the s there and it worked

WhiteWulfe says: My bad on that. Somehow I saw Ti at the end. Pre-coffee brain usually doesn't add things, it misses them. ^_^;;;;;;

meankeys says: lol been there done that... thank you Guy's

jab383
Level 13
I just put some of the scores into the spreadsheet in AkaNe's first post. Not nearly enough yet - good scores, but not enough of them for a good team result.

As before, a challenge -- BEAT MY SCORES -- please. Especially the woeful CPU frequency. The way they worked last time, I'd expect any Ryzen worth its motherboard to do a higher frequency.

Tips for a cpu frequency run:

Boot with 2 cores, disabled hyperthreading. Windows chokes with only one thread, but nothing needs any more than 2.

On line, go to http://valid.x86.fr/
and open an account. Use your HWBOT user name - the name in the validation must match in HWBOT - and email address.

Open the three required windows of CPU-Z - CPU, Memory and Mainboard tabs. On one of them, click the 'Validate' button. In the pop-up, enter your HWBOT username and your email address as in the opened account.

Use TurboV Core (or AISuite) to increase core voltage, core multiplier and BCLK to get higher and higher operating frequencies. Don't run any stability tests. This is a case of being just stable enough to score on this benchmark. Here's the process for getting validated scores:

For each increase, take a screenshot including all the CPU-Z tabs and the wallpaper. Close the validate pop-up and tweaking software as needed so the required stuff is visible in the screenshot.

After the screenshot is saved, click the 'Validate' button and check that your HWBOT username and your email address are still there - might not be if you had to reboot. Click the 'Submit' button in the CPU-Z pop-up. That sends your CPU, etc., state to valid.x86.fr. CPU-Z sends back a webpage that should open in your default browser. That page makes interesting reading the first few times.

Sending and receiving over the internet may be too much stress for a CPU scurrying as fast as its little pins can carry it - Windows may crash. Don't panic, just reboot.

Retry Increasing speed, screenshot, and submit validation as many times as you want.

Whether windows crashed or not, with the CPU running at a sane, stable speed, visit valid.x86.fr again and look up the history of validations in your account. Several times, I have had Windows crash in the validation process and found a good validation on the site.

For the HWBOT contest entry, match up the best validation on valid.x86.fr with the screenshot at that speed. Even if you have a screenshot with a faster clock, it doesn't count if it's not validated. The required validation is the URL from valid.x86.fr. it will be unique to your sequence of submissions. Don't expect all your submissions to be in the valid.x86.fr account. That site recycles the URL as long as you keep submitting similar stuff in sequence in a short time.

meankeys
Level 13
Nice Jab383!

I have some soso cpu's I will test my 6700K and my 7350K I did delid my 7700K but dont think I can beat the one you posted. I am not ready to push my 7920X yet will do 3D @ 5312@1.36v running on all 12 cylinders

meankeys wrote:
Nice Jab383!

I am not ready to push my 7920X yet will do 3D @ 5312@1.36v running on all 12 cylinders

WooHoo

meankeys
Level 13
Les
adaptive voltage up to 5212 @ + .0010 HWM reports 1.221 - 1.234v across all cores.

@ 5312 I need 1.365v

AkaNe0
Level 10
A quick resume of today's results that we have so far.

Stage 1 - XTU
3/3 results
-> However some results could be improved including the one with i7 4700K

Stage 2 - Geekbench3
1/5 results

Stage 3 - wPrime 32M
1/3 results

Stage 4 - CPU Frequency
2/3 results
-> Jab383, your CPU Frequency 5755MHz haven't gone through.

Stage 5 - 3DMark Vantage
2/2 results

Full results details here.

jab383
Level 13
AkaNe,

meankeys beat that CPU Frequency score. His is now the highest for that socket/chipset. I'll have to drag out some other motherboard to get back into that stage.

jab383 wrote:
AkaNe,

meankeys beat that CPU Frequency score. His is now the highest for that socket/chipset. I'll have to drag out some other motherboard to get back into that stage.

And that was not easy O_0

I have a 7740X coming in today I hope - Ill see if I can improve on my Vantage score

jab383 wrote:
AkaNe,

Ah got it! Now number 2 of the rank guys! Go go go, you can make it, so keep pushing it!