cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Maximus XI HERO, not saving any CPU/Voltage settings

Tubexus
Level 7
Hi everyone,

Hope your families are well and safe, during this crazy times.
I've noticed an issue with my computer and wondering if this is CPU related, board related or merely just CMOS battery in need of being replaced (despite not showing any signs of it).

So whenever I go in the BIOS and change any setting related to overclock, voltage or CPU the BIOS never saves those settings.
The only settings It seems to save is when I choose the XMP profile and don't touch anything else.

I've clear CMOS, updated the BIOS to the latest version, reset BIOS to default, remove AI Suite for good with a cleaner and remove as well Intel® Performance Maximizer.

I've running out of ideas or might be missing something obvious, can you guys give me some help on this one?
Some details on the screenshot attached.

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3

phatmonkey
Level 9
Noticed you are on bios 1502, I have the same mobo as u and 1502 gives me bsod on startup, had to go back to 1401, also lots of people are having problems with 1502 if u search the forum.
Cheers...
Windows 11 | Rog Maximus Z690 Hero | i9-14900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz 64GB | MSI 4090 SUPRIM X | Apollo x16 | Quantum 2626 | ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ | H150i RGB Pro XT | AX1200i | Dark Core Pro SE | K100 RGB

phatmonkey wrote:
Noticed you are on bios 1502, I have the same mobo as u and 1502 gives me bsod on startup, had to go back to 1401, also lots of people are having problems with 1502 if u search the forum.
Cheers...

Hi phatmonkey tks for the answer, I was on the previous BIOS version with the same issue.
I don't think the version is causing the issue on this one.

Cheers

Hi Everyone just swamp CMOS battery and same behaviour, can anyone help troubleshooting?