cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G750JZ connected to ROG SWIFT PG278Q, with docking station?

eimanrba
Level 7
Hi,

Jeg wish to connect the ROG G750JZ to an external ROG SWIFT PG278Q and get the G-sync and 144 Hz.

1. A regular adapter from Displayport to Mini Displayport should work fine, correct?

2. Are there any recommendations or requirements when selecting a docking station for this setup? WIll an USB 3.0 based docking work? Can anyone recommend a good docking station that doesn't reduce speed?

3. Will a setup with DP Thunderbolt to http://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Laptop-docking-stations/Thunderbolt-Laptop-Docking-Station~TB...

And then the PG278Q to this docking with a DP-to-minidp cable/adapter work out fine? Any other better solutions to set this up?

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

Fanafinagicball
Level 7
Hi eimanrba,

I'm in the same case, but I've tried something that doesn't work !
I tried to connect the Swift on the Mini-DP of my GPU with the DP-MiniDP cable sold with my other monitor. The Swift doesn't respond ...

So before buying a adapter DP-Mini-DP, I'm waiting for an answer to your first question too !

Hope we get some precisions rapidly... 😃

kkn
Level 14
DP -miniDP HAVE to be v1.2 or else it will not work.
and no it HAVE to be to the DP port on the pc it self.

but enny one from @asus have to confirm what i posted here.

you 2 can try out in the notebook section or the section where the LCD monitors is in.

kkn wrote:
DP -miniDP HAVE to be v1.2 or else it will not work.
and no it HAVE to be to the DP port on the pc it self.

So, even if I have a cable/adapter v1.2, it will work ONLY if I DON'T use an adapter, and STRICTLY a DP-DP cable ?

I got a DP-miniDP adapter and it seems to work. I get the full resolution, but only 120 Hz. And have no clue if g-sync is enabled.