cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Front Base Firmware Update missing .h00 firmware

Necrosan
Level 12
Not sure if I am up to date or what was changed in the update but the tool linked on the Front Bases support page is missing the .h00 file (firmware) to update it.

Link is here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/Tool_Win7-8-8-1_VER1033.zip
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

13 REPLIES 13

Hi, I have the same problem. First I have MB Maximus Hero VII (with BIOS 1002 (releast in july)). Rog Front Base with V40 sticker. Intalled the latest
software, drivers and utilities. My problem is sound quality from 3,5 header jack from Rog Front Base with a buzzing sound (when im scrolling with mouse the buzzing sound is louder) and also when I press the OC key the system is freezes. So I flash the firmware into Rog Front base (according giude) with the latest driver (ROG Front Base Driver V1.01.06). During flashing the tool has an error occurred (Front Base - ICP_Mode Init Failed, Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array). Can you help me with this problem.

wesslan
Level 7
I could update the driver for the front panel on a VII Hero but still have buzzing sound. Heard similar on old computer, electronic interference and very hard to cure 😞

And we even have that flashy thick sound cable that takes a lot of space 😞

Einstein
Level 7
ok i connect the front base and only temperature was working. after i change the version of my mb bios to v2601. it start showing also the fans rpm. i reinstall the cables and everything was working except the cpu frequency. i try to reinstall the v44 frirmware and now nothing is working. everyhting is 000 . no time nothing and in the right corner before was M7H now is USB. thats my story . pls if anyone can guide me what to do to fix it.

purecain
Level 9
I have this same problem. nothing is working. just blank dials. I need v44 to flash to mine as that is what it came with. the firmware its using now is not compatible with the bios in my system... I was happy just having temps...
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal