cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Front Base cord update.

HappyBuddhaman
Level 7
An FYI. Longer AAFP cords are in for the ROG Front Base and shipping to people who request them. Power cords are not being replaced.
36 REPLIES 36

pathfindercod
Level 8
I emails them 4-5 times and never got a response so i sent the front base back. Besides that I could not control and pam fans on any headers other than the cpu header with my RIVBE... So it was pretty much useless...

YouWhat
Level 9
I've been having issues with the UK tech support over this, the support person who I won't name and shame even told me the AAFP cable is from the case and to get in touch with case manufacturer!!!

I have ended up sending in a complaint, how hard is it to send out a longer cable?

I have about given up on the front base unit, the overclock button freezes computer, so can't use that, the AAFP cable too short for Corsair Obsidian 750D by approx 50mm, escape mode button does nothing, and I can't control the fan speeds either with it. This is on a Maximus VII Hero motherbaord.

Even though the drivers are installed and I have used the updated drivers also from Asus site, it still a pretty looking paperweight, I have tried in windows 7 (Ultimate and Enterprise editions) and also in Windows 8.1 (which I am currently using).

If tech support would just send me the longer cable, I would be happy enough, but instead it seems I get some idiots who are just quoting things off a computer screen who know absolutely nothing about the products or anything about computers!!

I am at a loss as where I go from here, I don't really want to return it as I like it, but I just want the extended cable that should of been sent out as standard with the product!!!

Webalistic
Level 7
I also found the Dutch Asus support less than helpfull to say the least.
I got a part# for that cable from the US support, which is 90MC01W0-M0AAY0.
But I haven't found any hit in google. The local seller of my ROG base also can't supply it.

Pretty lame that this cable isn't available worldwide. Although the free bit for US customers is nice, I'm even willing to just pay for it.
I remember reading a comment from an Asus person on an article that announced the RFB in response to a comment asking about the short AAFP cable in big towers. Reason for length was to ensure signal quality etc., but they would look into it.

Thing is that I now have a gadget in my big tower that can't do all its supposed to.

So any tips on where I could source that cable?
[M6F | 4770K | 16G | GTX670-4Gb | H100i | AX860i]

YouWhat
Level 9
So who do we contact in the EU to get this longer AAFP cable? or is it a USA exclusive item as UK tech support won't send it out, Dutch tech support (as by the above post) is same, everybody should have access to it as the original cable, in your own words say it can be too short.

All we want is the same level of support that the people in America get, yes we understand that there is a larger market there, but the longer cable should be included as standard, or bother the long and shorter cable, yes it will add about $1.50 or about £1.00 to the cost, but I am sure that is something people would still be willing to swallow.

There should be atleast some sort of warning included in the advertising or spec sheet stating that the cable is 625mm long from connector to connector, and might not fit all cases, as this was not the case, surely you are responsible for actually providing a cable that is fit for purpose, and not give out the kind of responses I have gotten from the UK tech support people.

So can someone please get this issue sorted as soon as possible as it seems we are being penalised for not being in America.

Incase you need to know, I have a i7 4790k, Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400, 2x ROG Striker GTX 760 graphics cards, H100i cooler inside a Corsair Obsidian 750D case, powered by a Corsair RM850 PSU

YouWhat wrote:
So who do we contact in the EU to get this longer AAFP cable? or is it a USA exclusive item as UK tech support won't send it out, Dutch tech support (as by the above post) is same, everybody should have access to it as the original cable, in your own words say it can be too short.

All we want is the same level of support that the people in America get, yes we understand that there is a larger market there, but the longer cable should be included as standard, or bother the long and shorter cable, yes it will add about $1.50 or about £1.00 to the cost, but I am sure that is something people would still be willing to swallow.

There should be atleast some sort of warning included in the advertising or spec sheet stating that the cable is 625mm long from connector to connector, and might not fit all cases, as this was not the case, surely you are responsible for actually providing a cable that is fit for purpose, and not give out the kind of responses I have gotten from the UK tech support people.

So can someone please get this issue sorted as soon as possible as it seems we are being penalised for not being in America.

Incase you need to know, I have a i7 4790k, Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400, 2x ROG Striker GTX 760 graphics cards, H100i cooler inside a Corsair Obsidian 750D case, powered by a Corsair RM850 PSU

+1

Same problem as the other guys here, the cable is so short that it has to run straight out from the back of the front base and down under my gpu, this causes a lot of interference and means I have an ugly thick black cable going across my motherboard ruining my otherwise perfect cable management 😕
Everyone should be entitled to the longer replacement cable. I for one will be returning my front base for a full refund if Asus are not willing to give the same level of service to us in the UK and the rest of the EU.
Chassis: NZXT Switch 810. - MB: Rampage v Extreme x99. - CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k. - Memory: 16GB Ripsaw 4 DDR4 2400MHz. - GPU: 2x Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 OC Edition 4GB.
PSU: Corsair AX1200i. - Storage: 1x Samsung 830 60GB SSD + 1x Samsung evo 840 120GB SSD + 1x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD + 1x Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD.

BUMP..... Come on guys the amount of money I've spent on Asus products is a small fortune and as a loyal customer I want an answer as to when we can expect to receive a replacement cable so that the product we gave you our money for can do the job it was meant to do.
Totally unacceptable that this is only being offered to those in the USA!
Chassis: NZXT Switch 810. - MB: Rampage v Extreme x99. - CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k. - Memory: 16GB Ripsaw 4 DDR4 2400MHz. - GPU: 2x Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 OC Edition 4GB.
PSU: Corsair AX1200i. - Storage: 1x Samsung 830 60GB SSD + 1x Samsung evo 840 120GB SSD + 1x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD + 1x Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD.

Webalistic
Level 7
I've contacted the original seller and some other Asus resellers here in NL, but none of them are able to get one of these cables to sell.
Asus USA seem to be the only ones offering this solution. That sucks big time.

I guess I have to get the soldering iron out....
[M6F | 4770K | 16G | GTX670-4Gb | H100i | AX860i]

I contacted support online, filled out a form and after a few emails I have a new longer Front Base AAFP cable.
Thanks ASUS!

Rargo wrote:
I contacted support online, filled out a form and after a few emails I have a new longer Front Base AAFP cable.
Thanks ASUS!

Oh how I wish it was that simple in the EU to get it!!

JayMI6
Level 8
Hey IM2L844, I have the same problem too, just wanted to know did you receive a longer cable from ASUS or purchase the ; 10-Pin AC97 HD-Audio Y Splitter Cable, you mentioned and did it work as normal>?

Thanks