cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Front Base cord update.

HappyBuddhaman
Level 7
An FYI. Longer AAFP cords are in for the ROG Front Base and shipping to people who request them. Power cords are not being replaced.
36 REPLIES 36

tcrews63 wrote:
Try contacting jolene_lyseng she took very good care of me and within a week had the new cable

I Tried to Ask Nicely to Pierre Kotlarski From the Dutch Asus Tech Support About this
And He was not able to provide me with A way to get the Replacement Cable
In Fact he told me too look at a couple of stores where I might be able to Buy the Cable I need
What Kind Of Support is that ... Or contact the store where I bought the Unit
So I asked him to forward my Message to Jolene Lyseng
He Replies back that he is not able to Help me (Probably without sending a note to Jolene Lyseng)
C'mon Asus ... Cant People within your support not even contact others from your support
And till so far your support team over here seems like not being able to do any thing except tell to go back to the store
Even something as simple as Arranging a RMA Seems to be a problem for them
However This Still Doesn't solve the problem
I am Going to Try the Store for now
However If Anybody From ASUS Out Here Could Solve My Problem
Contact Pierre Kotlarski He is aware About it and might like it that he will be able to Actually help somebody
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280
4 X Corsair SP120 PWM OEM Fans
2 X Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM
2 X Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
2 X Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
1 X Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap

HappyBuddhaman
Level 7
Jolene was the woman who helped me and she was great, should be getting it via FedEx any day now, sorry I didn't respond sooner.

InToSSH
Level 7
I am also wondering if should ask for new cable, its kinda long enough for me, but longer would be better, however the main reason is that my cable is weird, I hear a lot of interference in my headphones when using Front base, and when I move the cable a little bit, it gets better, but not perfectly ok for as quality cable as they advertised. Sometimes my headphones are not detected at all..
Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) / Core i7-8700k / Asus Strix GTX1070 Ti / Corsair Vengeance LED RED DDR4 4x8GB @ 2666Mhz / SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD / 4TB WD Red / CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro / Corsair H100i v2 / Corsair CX750M

InToSSH wrote:
I am also wondering if should ask for new cable, its kinda long enough for me, but longer would be better, however the main reason is that my cable is weird, I hear a lot of interference in my headphones when using Front base, and when I move the cable a little bit, it gets better, but not perfectly ok for as quality cable as they advertised. Sometimes my headphones are not detected at all..

Is the cable close to any other Cables or running close to Graphics Cards or CPU Power Area ???
I kind of think that that might be the cause of your interference
I would Recommend Contacting Asus about this
The Longer cable will be easier to be kept away from interfering Components
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280

InToSSH
Level 7
Thanks for your suggestion DjRavix, unfortunately yes, I was trying to hide it as much as I could so now its going almost all the way in parallel with SATA power cables for HDDs. I will try to move it along the left side of the case, but I guess it won't be long enough.. I will try to contact Asus about that.
Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) / Core i7-8700k / Asus Strix GTX1070 Ti / Corsair Vengeance LED RED DDR4 4x8GB @ 2666Mhz / SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD / 4TB WD Red / CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro / Corsair H100i v2 / Corsair CX750M

HappyBuddhaman
Level 7
Try contacting jolene_lyseng , she was very helpful to me. Warranty is three years I believe too.

IM2L844
Level 12
Sorry, DjRavix. I don't have any good news for you. I Just wanted to pass this along to ROG Maximus VI owners who might now be skeptical about getting a Front Base. I installed my Front Base yesterday. I had no issues. There was no disk, but I was able to download the software driver with the latest updates from http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG_Front_Base/HelpDesk_Download/ . Everything works perfectly and the cables are plenty long for my Antec P280 (not small) case setup. Documentation is a little sketchy, but I was either able to figure it out or I just got lucky. In either case, somebody at Asus really should encourage their technical writers to be a little more expansive in their user manuals (I've always thought this with all of my Asus products).

pathfindercod
Level 8
I have emailed the tech support address twice over the last 2 weeks and have not gotten a reply at all about obtaining longer cables. I have one more week to send this back. I will send it back at the end of this week and just buy a recon controller if Asus doesn't get back with me. 😞

IM2L844 wrote:
Sorry, DjRavix. I don't have any good news for you. I Just wanted to pass this along to ROG Maximus VI owners who might now be skeptical about getting a Front Base. I installed my Front Base yesterday. I had no issues. There was no disk, but I was able to download the software driver with the latest updates from http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG_Front_Base/HelpDesk_Download/ . Everything works perfectly and the cables are plenty long for my Antec P280 (not small) case setup. Documentation is a little sketchy, but I was either able to figure it out or I just got lucky. In either case, somebody at Asus really should encourage their technical writers to be a little more expansive in their user manuals (I've always thought this with all of my Asus products).

I looked up the Antec P280 Case That you have
It's A Midi Tower and it has it's 5.25" Bays pretty close to where the motherboard is
Also I do not know witch witch 5.25" Bays you use to mount your ROG Front Base in and if there is an optical drive under it
I run into the problem that there also is a Blu-ray Drive underneath my ROG Front Base
I Might be able to just reach it ... however the cable will be running over the heatpipes of the GPU
And I am pretty sure that would not be a very wise idea
Also note that If I would run Any kind of Multi GPU Card setup I would not be able to connect it
The point is that asus actually Should have included a long enough cable to be able to use it in the most biggest Cases That there are

pathfindercod wrote:
I have emailed the tech support address twice over the last 2 weeks and have not gotten a reply at all about obtaining longer cables. I have one more week to send this back. I will send it back at the end of this week and just buy a recon controller if Asus doesn't get back with me. 😞

I Agree ... If I do not Get A Replacement cable ... I will have to get A Refund
I See This as A Factory Defect Since it's in a case that existed Long before ASUS Made The ROG Front Base
This means that ASUS Should have known that the cable should be Longer
So They Should Actually Replace it
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280

mu5tang71
Level 7
thanks for that info bro... I just contacted them and I have one on the way already... that is great stuff
Asus Maximus VI Formula MB, Intel Core I7 4770K CPU, Thermaltake Overseer RX-II Case, H100 Corsair Cooler Push/Pull Config, 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 Ram, EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual Classified w/ EVGA A w/ Backplate, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Power Supply, Window 7 Ultimate x64,