Fuggered
Level 7
Awesome work so far, cheers:)

Fuggered wrote:
Awesome work so far, cheers:)

Thanks mate 🙂

chrisnyc75
Level 12
Nice thread, thanks for consolidating all this info for us! I'm gonna put some time into tweaking my system this weekend and see if I can break my current high of 717. These tips should help. 🙂
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

chrisnyc75 wrote:
Nice thread, thanks for consolidating all this info for us! I'm gonna put some time into tweaking my system this weekend and see if I can break my current high of 717. These tips should help. 🙂

No worries and good luck 🙂

meankeys
Level 13
Thanks for all the great tips and tweaks. they help me pull a 795 on RB @ 4.9 I will be doing some DD on ram timings to try and make it in the 800 club. thanks again guy's

IM2L844
Level 12
I just wanted to mention that, for me, enabling the Dynamic Storage Accelerator in the BIOS seems to have given me a decent little bump in multitasking. I need to test a little more to be sure. It might not do anything when certain power saving features are disabled. I'll have to double check my settings and get back. Maybe someone else with an SSD can enlighten me and/or verify this one way or the other.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Does anyone else go to Control Pannel-System-Advanced system settings (on bottom left) and in visual effects on the pane that pops up click settings and set for optimum performance...? or does diagnostic mode take care of this?

IM2L844
Level 12
I do, Arne, and it helps. Windows 8 seems to need something in particular to be running. I get slightly worse scores in diagnostic mode. It might have something to do with the SSD Power scheme? I think I'm going to go through services.msc with a fine toothed comb and disable or set to manual everything I don't absolutely need running at startup and see if that makes a difference.

KPRage
Level 10
Nice post Myk.. Thanks a lot mate.. Too bad: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Myk SilentShadow again.".. But +++ for you..:)
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

Pre & Post Build Guide

A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made 🙂