cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RealBench Forum League Table - v1.0

X-ROG
Level 15
Please provide a screenshot of your score below and I'll start a league table 🙂 We'll have an overall table to start with, then maybe splits for LGA1155/50, LGA2011 and AM3+ as well.

ROG Forum League Table
Score ----- User ----- CPU ----- Clock Speed ----- Memory Size/Speed ------ Motherboard

Top Ten Overall

Intel (4 Cores)

Intel (6+ Cores)

AMD

1,919 REPLIES 1,919

nikosa43
Level 12
Excellent run Samy! I wish I could push it a bit more. It would be a point to point battle 😄 Noctua can not give more.

samual
Level 11
Thanks nikosa, I know... My loop temp was at 19.1C, ambient at 17C (portable air conditioner), and I still had to wait 10 minutes for the system to cool down before each run. Running too close to max temps.
x99-pro/3.1 | i7-5820k | 16gb gskils 3000 | Nvidia gtx 980 ti | 512gb SM950 Pro | Predator 360 AIO | ASUS PA248Q | Seasonic Platnium 1000w

nikosa43
Level 12
How high was your hottest core? I saw mine reaching 90. Good thing with waterloop is that it has lots of water to heat up, so in two three minutes of torture do not go high very quick. Mine goes instantly to 80 and start spiking to 90, so I guess when I set more than 1.7 it will go straight to 100 C. Was it Win 8?

samual
Level 11
Nikosa, Highest core 90C, and that's at 1.7V, System was win 7. Being trying 8 off and on and it just does not seen to handle overclocking very well.
x99-pro/3.1 | i7-5820k | 16gb gskils 3000 | Nvidia gtx 980 ti | 512gb SM950 Pro | Predator 360 AIO | ASUS PA248Q | Seasonic Platnium 1000w

samual wrote:
Nikosa, Highest core 90C, and that's at 1.7V, System was win 7. Being trying 8 off and on and it just does not seen to handle overclocking very well.

I agree about Win 8. A bit fuzzy to take care services and becomes easily corrupted if you have a BSOD trying to find stable clocks or RAM timmings. I think I am going to use it for every day use, more nice for the kids 😄

meankeys
Level 13
Nice run Samy... 900 club I can feel it 🙂

I wish my chip clocked better. I am struggling @ 5048 temps are good but no improvement in score. I cant even pull off a repeat of my 825 I am in the 820's but man this is frustrating but fun 🙂 I am able to clock this trident X memory to 2746 so far. I haven't mess withe timings yet. I don't have a clue as to were to start.

meankeys wrote:
Nice run Samy... 900 club I can feel it :)I wish my chip clocked better. I am struggling @ 5048 temps are good but no improvement in score. I cant even pull off a repeat of my 825 I am in the 820's but man this is frustrating but fun 🙂 I am able to clock this trident X memory to 2746 so far. I haven't mess withe timings yet. I don't have a clue as to were to start.
Start by the first value. First choose an XMP Profile. Then choose a small increase for BCLK value and reboot. Go to memory timmings and decrease the first value from 10 to 9. Save and reboot. In your OS run superPi 32m. See if you get any errors. Then you can start testing. If you mess too much load defaults in your BIOS and then XMP profile to get rid of the mess. If you get a Qcode of 23, means that your memory controller cannot follow the memory settings. If you get 55 means that your memory module cannot do the timming. Also if you search on the stickys there are memory OC guides. I remember Chino's basic guide and Raja's UEFI guide. Using Memtweak you can make changes from inside your OS. Make an image of it before you start. OS corruption waits behind the corner 🙂

meankeys
Level 13
Hay thanks Nik

I will give it a try thanks

Nodens
Level 16
Great run Samual!

Nikos' advice is a very good one. Imaging the system drive is a very good idea when you start tweaking RAM because RAM instability is almost certain OS/file corruption. When contents of RAM are corrupted due to instability any writes to disks of those contents are going to be bogus data.
And this is the reason why Win8 gets more easily corrupted. Win8 and Windows Server 2012 have delayed writes to the registry (a feature meant for better performance) which means that you are much more likely to get registry writes flushed to disk after you push the system and RAM becomes unstable. Sometimes good features work against you heh.

Raja's guides usually have quite a bit of information regarding RAM timings and what they do. I suggest all RAM newbies to start with those guides and ask if you have any questions. We'll be happy to answer them:)
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Looking good guys. Keep on ROG Realbenching. We are going to change the leader-board over to its own thread.

Results and chat here with the leader-board pure and un sullied by banter. 😄

Chino will manage it for us all.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.