cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RealBench Forum League Table - v1.0

X-ROG
Level 15
Please provide a screenshot of your score below and I'll start a league table 🙂 We'll have an overall table to start with, then maybe splits for LGA1155/50, LGA2011 and AM3+ as well.

ROG Forum League Table
Score ----- User ----- CPU ----- Clock Speed ----- Memory Size/Speed ------ Motherboard

Top Ten Overall

Intel (4 Cores)

Intel (6+ Cores)

AMD

1,919 REPLIES 1,919

HiVizMan
Level 40
Alec get your 800 in the bag mate, ram timing and tweaking - your target is 816 my friend.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Crimsonomega
Level 7
I wonder why Corsair have them as pull by default as many stated that push is better. Is it just that they wanted to avoid the dust problem?

chrisnyc75
Level 12
Corsair's standard advice is aimed at maximizing the performance of THEIR hardware. PULLing cool air from outside through the radiator and into your case maximizes the radiator's cooling potential and thus makes their hardware shine. The fact that most people do push/pull out of their case is because nobody wants warm radiator air inside their case being sucked in to their graphics cards.
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yip - the key thing with a pull cool air into the case set up is a very good exhaust fan which will expel all the heated air.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Nodens
Level 16
Indeed. It depends on the case and your actual cooling setup. For my tests with the HAF-X case by Coolermaster and H100i, with slightly positive pressure, pulling air in performs much better than pushing air out (4C difference). Also pulling air in, helps the VRM area as if you push air out, you have a much warmer zone over the socket/VRM area because heat from the Video cards (who reach high temperatures by design) is heading that way in order to be exhausted.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Zka17
Level 16
Just to clarify things a little bit, if i may...

When you're using the terms "push" or "pull", they refers to the orientation of the fans compared to the radiator... - it's about the fan is pushhing the air through a radiator os sucking it through...

My post #1421 was about fan's position on the radiator...

Many people are using the "push" or "pull" terms regarding to the direction of the airflow in the case... that's creates confusion... - I was suggesting earlier in an other thread to use the terms "intake" and "exhaust" instead...

So, getting back to my original suggestion, the Corsair H100/H100i are working better when you have a "push" fan setup on their radiators. Setting them as "intake" or "exhaust" may be dependent on your environment... - for me the "intake" is better too...

712 -----UnoBorg ----- 3570k----- 4702 ----- 16GB/2133 ------ Maximus IV Extreme-Z

Hi Guys I am a complete NoOb as you can see! I don't normally go over 1.3V & got concerned with this voltage.
1.3 +over is a "no-no" isn't it on the 3570k?

I know there's info here but I need a "Maximus IV Ext-Z/3570k" Bios tut"..... Been looking for yonks & I have a "bad" habit of changing too many things @ once :confused:

I don't post on here cause everyone seems to be really on the ball but what a forum for reading then = confused.com...

"BTW" Thx to "Samual" for some advice
RB likes high clock plus high ram. I started running ram at 2400 but wasn't getting the performance. I have my blk set at 105, ratio at 49, memory at 2530. The ram I have is only good to about 2550 (Team Xtreem 2400).

On top of pushing clock and ram, run in diagnostic mode, use a very low screen resolution (lowest you can), set RB priority to realtime.

Hope this helps.
ASUS MAXIMUS IV-EXTREME-Z:ASUS GEFORCE GTX660 TI-DC2T-2GD5 X2 SLI :Cooler Master HYPER 612S CPU COOLER :G-Skill 16GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 - Red "F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL" :Core i5-3570K CPU "Running @ 4.5 :Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced case : COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 850W 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply :SEAGATE Momentus XT ST750LX003 2.5" internal hard drive 750 GB + 8 GB SSD memory :Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive

Zka17 wrote:
Just to clarify things a little bit, if i may...

When you're using the terms "push" or "pull", they refers to the orientation of the fans compared to the radiator... - it's about the fan is pushhing the air through a radiator os sucking it through...

My post #1421 was about fan's position on the radiator...

Many people are using the "push" or "pull" terms regarding to the direction of the airflow in the case... that's creates confusion... - I was suggesting earlier in an other thread to use the terms "intake" and "exhaust" instead...

Indeed. That's why I was detailed in my post saying "pulling air in" and "pushing air out". Normally push means what you said (push means pushing air through the radiator and pull pulling out of it) but it was already being used incorrectly so I made myself pretty clear in a periphrastic way heheh
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Zka17
Level 16
Cool! :cool:

Hope that we're on the same page with Crimsonomega too...

Zka17 wrote:
Cool! :cool:

Hope that we're on the same page with Crimsonomega too...

We defonatly are Zka17. I am well aware of what's been said. My new Carbide 540R gives me a hell of an exhaust so I will most likely be better of with air intake. But I always say *first try then see*.

Anyway is there any info wether u can lower ur cpu tempetures by adjusting voltages? Or is it stated that the higher ur frequency is the higher the tempatures get, no matter what? I need to know so because if so, I most likely maxed out the limit of my cpu with my current setup!

Crimson out for today!