cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RealBench Challenge 2016 - Win next-gen motherboard!

AkaNe0
Level 10
Thanks to the community feedbacks we've been improving RealBench Benchmark over the past years. Few months ago we launch a new version called RealBench HWBOT Edition in direct link with HWBOT.org database.

Till the end of this year, 4 different challenges will occurred online. The top3 overall in the ranking will be able to win the next-generation of ROG motherboard!

The competition is open to all, but cooling method are limited to air / water cooling (above 30 degrees in temperature).

So get your rig ready and join, starting from September 2nd.

• Challenge I runs from September 2nd to September 12th
  • Challenge II runs from September 30th to October 10th
  • Challenge III runs from October 28th to November 7th
  • Challenge IV runs from November 25th to December 5th

Overall Leaderboard

For each challenge, a limitation will be implemented. For this first Challenge, submissions are limited to four core enabled. You can read the full rules on the official competition page.

Download the latest RealBench HWBOT Edition. Note, we are working on having an integrated temperature reading for the benchmark. It should be ready in the days to come, so make sure to check the latest version before starting to bench on September 2nd.

Regarding the prizes, for each of the challenge, top1 will received a prize package. 3 random lucky draw will be awarded as well. The top3 of the overall ranking (sum of points from 4 challenges + bonus points) will win in exclusivity the next generation of ROG motherboard.

Read more on the ROG website.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !
192 REPLIES 192

meankeys
Level 13
Nice! what memory kit did you end up getting

Menthol
Level 14
Gskill 2X8 16GB 4266 19-19-19 1.4 volts B-die, supply is low, only kit available when I purchased was Grey/White
http://www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=31&series=0&prop_2=0&prop_4=19-19-19-39-2N&prop_3=4266MHz
I have 2 Samsung 950 Pro 512GB drives mounted on the DIMM.2 card at the moment, Win 10 and Win 7 that I carried over from a M8E board, just updated the drivers, the DIMM.2 card and slot works great, it isn't a visually attractive solution but functionally works great
for Win 7 installation I used a USB 2.0 adapter that connects to the motherboard, the kind that used to come with motherboards years ago just because I have a couple laying around
may be better to get a couple USB to PS2 port adapters to use for Win 7

Menthol
Level 14
Also when I booted my board the LED's under the name tag were not lit, there is 3 jumpers on the board that turn on/off 3 sections of LED's, one was in off position, under the SATA ports looks similar to clr cmos jumper, after enabling the jumper all LED's work

meankeys
Level 13
Les do you have a link to Raja memory timing thread your talking about.
ty

Also congrats on being top in your league. Way to go brother

Menthol
Level 14
No thread that I know of, it's in the memory presets in the bios, several extreme presets and one preset from Raja 4133 mhz @ 1.4 volts under New Samsung 2X8, with the new Samsung 2X8 being the high binned B-die kits, my system doesn't boot using his preset and my mem kit without relaxing the primary timing and CR2 instead of 1, he mentioned that the Gskill 32GB 4133 kit would be released soon so I am not sure what kit he was using at the time he made the preset but it is a good place to start from

Thanks, a lot of those points came from the TXP's and Time Spy now getting points

meankeys
Level 13
My APEX came today!!

And what a beautiful board it is. I cant wait to play.

Thank you so much AkaNe and all the guy's and gal's @ ASUS
This is the coolest prize I ever won

I am going to wait and Delid my 7700K. I took Menthols recommendation and picked up a Rocket 88 on Amazon. was cheap enough. Was 30 bucks and 8$ for the Relid tool. $10 for the Liquid Ultra.

meankeys wrote:
My APEX came today!!

Cool! I like the personalised nameplates you guys got...looking forward to the next match you guys get into 😉

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Cool! I like the personalised nameplates you guys got...looking forward to the next match you guys get into 😉

Yes a nice touch for sure. Also they gave us planks to make our own. Plus a cool coaster and some really nice stickers. One thing I was hoping for was a hook up for the OC panel and yeah baby they did. A very nice board indeed.

Receved mine also !!! Tks a lot, It's a wonderfull prize

samual
Level 11
Your board looks great. Hope they come to Canada soon.
x99-pro/3.1 | i7-5820k | 16gb gskils 3000 | Nvidia gtx 980 ti | 512gb SM950 Pro | Predator 360 AIO | ASUS PA248Q | Seasonic Platnium 1000w