BreakPoint
Level 7
Overclocks: NONE
CPU: Intel core i5-4670k
CPU Cooler: Stock Intel
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Impact
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600 MHz
Power Supply: SilverStone ST45SF-G 450W

I have had this board for about a month now, and this particular bluescreen has happened 5 times.
Sometimes when I'm playing a game, once when I was using educational software, and once when I was powering down.
I ran 8 passes of Memtest86+ with no errors.

I don't know what to do at this point. I really don't want to have to RMA this board.
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Most of the time I associate this error with a page fault.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559023(v=vs.85).aspx

Have a read and see if any of this makes sense for your situation
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Raja
Level 13
BreakPoint wrote:
Overclocks: NONE
CPU: Intel core i5-4670k
CPU Cooler: Stock Intel
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Impact
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600 MHz
Power Supply: SilverStone ST45SF-G 450W

I have had this board for about a month now, and this particular bluescreen has happened 5 times.
Sometimes when I'm playing a game, once when I was using educational software, and once when I was powering down.
I ran 8 passes of Memtest86+ with no errors.

I don't know what to do at this point. I really don't want to have to RMA this board.

Page fault errors are usually memory instability related - or in rare cases some kind of driver/software issue. If it's memory instability, it comes from address misreads due to an address value being interpreted wrongly. Causes of this would be, insufficient DRAM voltage, VCCIO-D, incorrect timings (too tight etc), to high memory frequency.

In addition to the above, instability issues can be exacerbated by heat - when the system is under full load for extended periods such as games. Memtest is a quick gauge of instability, not a 100% indicator that the memory is unconditionally stable.

Does that memoy kit have XMP? If so apply it in UEFI.

You will need to debug this problme systematically. To speed up the process, you can do things such as removing the side panel from your case (check for heat related failures), apply XMP, use one memory module only and look at possible software/driver related issues. Lastly, you'll also want to update to the latest UEFI version (use USB BIOS Flashback for that as the system is not stable).

-Raja

Stop 0x00000050 error code may pop up on your Windows computer screen due to multiple causes. The most common causes for this error code include:

Poor PC maintenance
Registry issues- Bad registry keys, invalid entries, corrupt and damaged registry
Incompatible Dll files
Corruption of system files- Pool corruption in the Srvnet.sys file
Spyware and viruses
Overheating of PC components
Conflict between Windows XP SP1 and the display adapter drivers that are currently installed on your PC.
It is advisable to resolve 0x00000050 error code on your PC right away. BSoD errors are fatal errors and can pose serious threats to your PC. If not fixed timely it can lead to system crash, failure and valuable data loss.

http://www.deskdecode.com/how-to-fix-page_fault_in_nonpaged_area-0x00000050/