cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage iv extreme: Debug code "00"; Cpu_Led Red...

TrollerMaster
Level 7
Hi (pros), first show you guys my build:

cpu: i7-4820k
motherboard: rampage iv extreme
power supply: corsair hx 1050
gpu: duel gtx780 sli
ram: 4g corsair red x 4
ssd: crucial 250gb
water cooling: corsair h100i
hard drive: 2x WD 1T blue
case fans: x5

So i just changed my old motherboard from z77 to this new one, and also my cpu (from i5 something); but after i set them up, the system would not boost... i tried to remove the rams to 1 left, but it still wouldnt work...
I actually used my current cpu on another rampage iv extreme, although it was an open boxed one, but it has the same problem... Now on my new one, it still wont boot up, you guys think its sth wrong with the cpu?
The Debug code shows "00", and there is a red light next to the "Cpu_Led" thing...
Why is that happening...? Plz tell me pros...
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate

Could you please tell me what is the shipping bios of your motherboard, if you look on the white sticker near the SATA and 24 pin power connector, the last 4 digits is the shipping bios.

You need to have a compatible bios for the IVY-E processor to work with your board.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi HIVIzMan pro!
I just updated my bios, and it worked just fine, thank you for reminding me about the bios!!
Damnitttt i am so happy none of my hardware is broken!!! thank you!!

HiVizMan
Level 40
hehe it is so often the obvious things - we tend to over complicate when trying to fix stuff. You enjoy your system mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.