Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV-E OC and Reboot Issues

afalwell
Level 7

[/HR]

[/HR]

Hey there... I had a few questions about my ROG board and overclocking. I have had the board for a while, and just started playing with the overclocking functions after a desire to squeeze some more performance out of it for a flight simulator. I have only rudimentary(sp?) overclocking knowledge (usually small steps of speed + volts without burning your equipment and keeping it stable). The board has way more options than I know what to do with yet... so I use the pre-loaded profiles.

[/HR]

**2 Questions**

Question 1:

• Overclocking from BIOS vs AI Suite II
  • When I OC'd using "Default Gamer OC Profile" from BIOS my RealBench score was: 69314
  • When I used the "auto-tune" CPU boost from AI Suite my score was: 81743

Is there a simple way to explain this vast difference? I figured they both were basically doing the same thing, but the AI Suite II setting gives me a significant performance boost. I will even take a complex answer if you have the time and desire to help. The thing that perplexes me is how big a difference it seems to make when the clock speeds are basically the same. Wonder what I am missing...

Question 2:

The only "glitch" I ever encounter with this motherboard is that it seems to hang on REBOOT. I flash the latest BIOS on a regular basis waiting for this to go away but it never seems to. Windows exits, the monitor (Graphics Card) shuts down and monitor goes off but then it hangs until I manually press the power button. I don't have to hold the power button... it just clicks right off. This isn't exactly a game changer but a bit frustrating knowing how amazing these motherboards are but it can't do such a simple process. I have tried disconnecting USB devices and reinstalling OS but this happens with a fresh install too. Any ideas on this? I tried a forum search but came up empty.

[/HR]

So, thats the two questions. I am sorry for being long winded, but I figured the more details I give the better. Thanks in advance for your help!

Basic System Specification:
(Home Build PC)
CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K - Speed:1499.5 MHz - Multi:12.0 - Bus:125.0 MHz <--with AI Suite OC
RAM:666.5 MHz (1:8) - 16GB - 9-9-9-24-1T <--- Don't know if this Corsair Mem can be OC'd to perform better
MB:RAMPAGE IV EXTREME - FW:4901 - Desktop
GPU1:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

[/HR]

[/HR]
0 REPLIES 0