cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage 4 i7-3970x H100i running to hot

VaLeron
Level 7
Hello guys i wanna ask quick questions. 1 week ago i bought Rampage 4 i7-3970x and H100i i remove all paste from h100i who comes from stock and use mine Artic Silver 5 but i spread that paste its' bad ?
I done test with prime95 for a few hours my max temp core is 68c it's bad ? (Cpu on stock mode.)
One last thing that stock paste who comes with h100i good or not ?
9 REPLIES 9

Retired
Not applicable
nap, cross, even layer.. Doesn't really matter..

Stop running torment95 now.. ;o)

VaLeron
Level 7
What approx temperature shut be with h100i ?

Retired
Not applicable
i really dont know with that cpu..

but 68c isnt any major heat running that app for hours..

Seems like you did a proper h100 install..

Retired
Not applicable
Oh sorry, Rampage... I thought it was Haswell..

Its ok temp..

Zka17
Level 16
Yes, I agree, that temp for that CPU is perfectly fine!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Well within the correct expected range for that CPU.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

VaLeron
Level 7
Thx you guys 🙂 but one strange when pc turns on ALL Suite show some errors like this
[08.11.2013 at 06:31 pm] CPU 98,0 Abnormal
[08.11.2013 at 06:31 pm] CPU 33,0 Normal
[08.11.2013 at 06:57 pm] Vcore 0,000 Abnormal
[08.11.2013 at 06:57 pm] Vcore 0,862 Normal
I think All suite have bugs or my system don't wanna work properly

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you have two applications that monitor temps or voltages on your system installed then there can be problems like what you see.

But yes AISuite can give false readings from time to time.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

VaLeron
Level 7
jdbtwo wrote:
I have a 3970X with an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme ( latest BIOS ), 64GB of 2400MHz G.Skill DDR3 F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD and a Corsair H100i ( In a quad 2x-2x push-pull config ).

I've tried two thermal interface materials :

1) Indigo Extreme
2) Arctic Silver 5 ( what I'm currently running with )

( Note that I used Realtemp GT for measuring temperatures and prime95 x64 at the "maximum heat" setting for load testing below )

With the Indigo Xtreme, even after reflow, my load temps at stock were upwards of 75C+ but only about 29C idle. They did get high enough about 4 times to shut off my computer due to thermal protection ( 90C? ).

Now with the Arctic Silver 5, my load temps are "better" around 50-60C but idle is a craptastic 35C. That's pretty sad considering I tinted the CPU heatspeader and the H100i water block with Arctic Silver 5 and used the 1mm "vertical line" method of application on the CPU as well as rotating the H100i water block several times before bolting down.

Note that I've disabled Intel Enhanced Speedstep so I'm running at 4.0GHz most of the time. I've also disabled C1E .

Just FYI my batch number is 3238B264 .

I should be seeing idle temps of around 25C and load temps of around 40-45C.

CPU-Z says my load Vcore is around 1.384V ( after Vdroop ) and at 1.4V when idle when the Vcore is set to "AUTO" in the BIOS.

This seems quite high. The default "AUTO" Vcore is 1.256V. I've been running prime95 with small ffts for about 7 hours straight without errors at a manual 1.265 Vcore so it seems that I haven't reached the lower limit yet on Vcore and this is 4.0GHz at load. My temps have also improved remarkably, with the coolest core coming in at 49C .

So, I guess my question is, how low can you push the RIVE-3970X Vcore voltage with a load frequency of 4.0GHz before expecting instability?

Thanks,

jdbtwo
Guys i using the same parts i7 3970x rampage 4 and h100i with Artic Silver 5 but just stock fan and i have core max 68c (prime 95). Thats mean i have done something wrong with my paste ? Cpu on stock mode