cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAIDR EXPRESS PCI EXPRESS SSD Problem on MAXIMUS V EXTREME MOTHERBOARD

YunaDad
Level 7
Hi. I boungt the new RAIDR EXPRESS PCI SSD for my computer. Firstly I am using ASUS GTX 780 * 2 as SLI.

I put first graphic card in slot 1 on my maximus v mother board and second graphic card on slot 3 for SLI due to better air flow.

Anyway I got this new RAIDR EXPRESS SSD card today and install on last slot on my MAXIMUS V motherboard. Everything seems good until I relise that my sli has been turned off. I figured out that RAIDR card was the problem. Due to I put RAIDR card on last slot PCIE X 8 slot it automatically turned the SLI mode off. If I put the RAIDR card on PCIE X 4 slot which is black short slot everything is OK which means my second grapic card is detected and is SLI mode.

Does ROG team know about this problem or am I the one who has wrong knowledge about the PCIE slot.

The knowledge that I know is that this RAIDR card can be install any PCIE slot for speed of X4 , X8 or X16 but if I install in X8 slot it does working but my second graphic card is not detected which leads to SLI mode off

Please answer anyone to help me

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
How can you have the RAIDR Express? it's not even available for sale just yet

I bought from my retail shop called SCORPTEC in Australia. You can get one too

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Well i'll be damned lol, I thought Scorptech didn't have them in stock for sale just yet. So a HUGE welcome to another Aussie in the ROG Forums!!! 😄 by the way, you could have done better by just getting 2 SSD's and putting them in RAID0, for half the price...depending on the brand, you could have bought 4, yes, that's right...FOUR 120GB SSD's for less than the price of that "drive".

YunaDad
Level 7
I know the price is Crazy but I am big fan of ROG and I am making computer to be cordless computer which means I am making the computer as simple as I can. This RAIDR card is one of the part that I needed. I am using External Hard drive for backup anyway.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Yes, you need to put it in slot 5 aka the x4(black) PCIe slot and as you said you get SLI functionality too yes?

YunaDad
Level 7
yeah black slot which is slot x4 works perfectly fine for both ssd and sli.
But on the manual it says I can install anyslot such as long PCIe slot it does not mention anything about it has to be install correct slot aka x4 slot black short slot.
They should check it before launch.Little disappoint due to they offer best of best

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Uhhh if you read the information on the product pages, it says the card is x2 standard, though interfering with SLI/Crossfire would of course happen due to it not being at least an x8 product....and it's not a video card lol

YunaDad
Level 7
as far I know is that PCIE x 16 or x 8 slot support x4 or x2 which means it should be works fine even I install in x8 slot and it is actually working but not SLI. Also on the video where they demostrate the performance they put in x 8 slot as well.

Is ther any ROG technician looking at this forum or should I send email to support team about this matter?

Praz
Level 13
The motherboard manual (page 1-26) states the third PCIE slot will be disabled if any card is inserted in the second, fourth or last PCIe x16 slot.