Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAID – What is RAID? And Setup Guide For First Timers

X-ROG
Level 15
60 REPLIES 60

VistaKing
Level 9
F6 pressing days are over. Those were back in XP days. Windows 7 and up coming Windows 8 you just click Load Drivers in the Window where it shows your hard drives ( ie disk 0- Partition 1or2 or disk 1-Partition 1 or 2 )

Created by DaemonCantor and Adam

lrtrees
Level 7
Is there any possibility that a guide could be prepared for those of use who are newbie's and are running a Crosshair V Formula AMD set-up. Althought some of the steps are close to the same, there does seem to be some significant differences.

Would be appreciated by myself and others here if possible.

Thanks,
Lon

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hi Lon - yeah I am in the process of doing the Crosshair V Guide, it will be up before the end of he week all things being equal.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Very cool, thanks.

Have a great week,
Lon

Is it possible to run an SSD as a boot while my other drives (HHDs) are setup in RAID 10?? I was having some trouble getting Windows to install to the SDD so I forgave the RAID option and am running everything as single drives which works fine but isn't how I want it arranged.

slider1578 wrote:
Is it possible to run an SSD as a boot while my other drives (HHDs) are setup in RAID 10?? I was having some trouble getting Windows to install to the SDD so I forgave the RAID option and am running everything as single drives which works fine but isn't how I want it arranged.

Sure. Lots of people have a single SSD boot with RAID storage. If you're having problems with the configuration then start a new thread and provide your configuration so people can help you troubleshoot.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

sreeram180
Level 7
hi sir
i have a doubt .i need to configure raid5.so i have 4 drive but i need some answers like
before or after RAID configuration HDD is formatted ?

sreeram180 wrote:
hi sir
i have a doubt .i need to configure raid5.so i have 4 drive but i need some answers like
before or after RAID configuration HDD is formatted ?

Depends what you are using the RAID for I guess. If you are only using as storage and you have your OS installed then after is good.

If you are using your RAID as OS then during the OS install process is when the RAID array will be built.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

fr3d
Level 10
is it RAID where you have many hard drives running as one?

fr3d wrote:
is it RAID where you have many hard drives running as one?

If you read the guide it does explain what a RAID is and does in the introduction. 🙂

But yes how you have described it well that is sort of what a RAID is, redundancy is the key term from a RAID.