cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quiet Air Cooler with RAM limitation

EasyLover
Level 8
Dear members,

I'm using maximus VI Formula with i7 4770. RAM is 32GB Kit from Corsair Dominator Platinum with their beautiful aluminium heat sinks/spreaders. I'm looking for air cooler which can fit in my system without having me remove aluminium spreaders/sinks and is quiet in operations. If possible maintain my system's red color scheme (though RAM Kit does not match it but it is worth of the sacrifice).

GPU is GTX 660

I've checked Noctua, Thermaltake, Cooler Master etc but none of the checked models seem to come fit in my criteria. Anyone using such cooler as I require may pl send me link.
Live your life the way you want, not the way others want!
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Hi EasyLover, Are you going to be doing any overclocking?

Yes but not too much. I would say sticking to 4.2 GHz.

Antronman
Level 10
4.2 GHz is pretty big for Haswell. And too big for an air cooler methinks.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
How about this? http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=3050&product_name=GeminII%20S524

I see you have the non k version 4770 which means you can only overclock it by using the BCLK.

Changing CPU to 4770k

kkn
Level 14
google the corsair h105i and see what you think

Nate152
The all in one liquid coolers as kkn pointed out will allow you to overclock the 4770k to 4.4GHz.-4.6GHz. If you are into overclocking, they will give you much better cooling performance than an air cooler and you will have 0 issues with your RAM heat spreaders. The corsair h105i - h110i are pretty much the best you can get for an all in one liquid cooling solution. If you decide on one of these make sure it will fit in your case.

Antronman
Level 10
Why are you calling it the H105i? It is the plain H105. I'm sorry, but you're driving me nuts!
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Antronman wrote:
Why are you calling it the H105i? It is the plain H105. I'm sorry, but you're driving me nuts!

Hi Antronman, I see that now. Funny how Corsair would have an h100i, but not put the i after the 105 or the 110. Looks like if it has an "i", it is a liitle bit better performance.