cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question on install

jd2266
Level 7
i plan on doing a fresh install on a older pc,it has a asus m4a88t-evo/usb3 motherboard and a amd 555 black edition cpu.i am adding a ssd drive,i also have a sapphire radeon 6850 graphic card,my question is, there is a seperate vga driver listed for this motherboard,of course i will not install it but instead will install the 6850 drivers.my question is do i install the chipset drivers and if so do they contain any catalyst drives accosiated with the onboard 4250 graphics.thank you in advance for any help
asus crosshair v ,fx8150 cpu, 16 gb g skill 1600,sapphire radeon 6870 ,mushkin 120 gb enhanced chronos sata III ssd.seagate barracuda 1tb sata 6gb storage drive,asus black blu ray burner,asus 24x dvd burner,cooler master half x blue edition with added 200mm top fan,rosewill 800 watt modular lightining series ps,cooler master hyper 212 evo .artic 5 thermal compound,vantec spectrum fan card with dual 70mm fans,nzxt 2mm led sleeved light kit,win 7 ultimate 64 bit,logitech z623 200 watt speakers
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
It definitely does not contain the full suite as the download is smaller than the VGA download. If you are worried you could always download it and try opening it in an archiver like Winzip to see what is packed in it but it should just be the chipset stuff.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
It definitely does not contain the full suite as the download is smaller than the VGA download. If you are worried you could always download it and try opening it in an archiver like Winzip to see what is packed in it but it should just be the chipset stuff.

just wanted to thank you,you were right ,it did not contain the full suite and i had no problem loading the radeon 6850 graphic driver,i installed 12.3 driver though instead of the new 12.4 driver because there seems to be a problem with the 12.4
asus crosshair v ,fx8150 cpu, 16 gb g skill 1600,sapphire radeon 6870 ,mushkin 120 gb enhanced chronos sata III ssd.seagate barracuda 1tb sata 6gb storage drive,asus black blu ray burner,asus 24x dvd burner,cooler master half x blue edition with added 200mm top fan,rosewill 800 watt modular lightining series ps,cooler master hyper 212 evo .artic 5 thermal compound,vantec spectrum fan card with dual 70mm fans,nzxt 2mm led sleeved light kit,win 7 ultimate 64 bit,logitech z623 200 watt speakers

xeromist wrote:

just wanted to thank you,you were right ,it did not contain the full suite and i had no problem loading the radeon 6850 graphic driver,i installed 12.3 driver though instead of the new 12.4 driver because there seems to be a problem with the 12.4

jd2266
Level 7
thanks for the feedback,i would have never thought about opening it in winzip archiver to see what is there before installing.i appreciate your help

jd2266
Level 7
just wanted to get another opinion,i finished redoing my pc,the ssd drive added major speed to my old pc,the question i have is that motherboard only has 3gbs sata ports,so the 6gb ssd drive will only hit read and write speeds of around 280.could i add a 6gb sata control card , i saw rosewill has a card that will reach at least 5gb speeds.it is a plug and play card,if i installed the card and checked device manager to see if it is listed and installed properley ,could i just plug the ssd drive into it boot up without haveing to do a fresh install. i figure i would be able to acheive at least 400+ mbs speeds