cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Fan Headers on the Asus Zenith extreme for max OC with custom Loop

White_Buddha
Level 7
Hi Guys,

just some quick questions... (with a short introduction)

I build a 1950x build on the Asus Zenith extreme in an Evga Dg-87, because i was on a "budget" 😉 i only put in one 1080 ti and an enermax 360 for cooling the cpu. So in the next month when hopefully the prices of 1080 ti drop a bit, when Nvidia brings the new "2080" i want to put in a second 1080 Ti to speed up my rendertime and cool everything with a complete custom loop.

As it fits the Dg-87 the best i will use 2x420 Radiators for the Loop + the 2 Exhaust Fans on the back of the Case is a total of 8 Fans with a single Push or Pull Configuration.

I also want to try for the looks maybe to use a push/Pull Build with static pressure Noctua NF-A14 Industrial at the "outside" Push and some high airflow RGB Fans like Corsair RGB HD in the "inside" Pull, which would be a total of 14 Fans... YEAH i know it seems a bit of overkill, but go for the looks and push/pull menas lower rpm which reduceses the noise to a minimum.

Now the questions...

1.) I would use seperatly a powered 6+ PWM Fanhub, which probably should go i the Cpu_Fan header since the board requires at least 1 connected CPU_Fan to Post right?

2.) The second seperatly a powered 6+ PWM Fanhub, if i go for Push/pull with 14 fans could be connected to CPU_OPT Header so that it power probably all 6 Pust Noctua over the frist Fanhub with CPU_FAN and the 6 Pull RGB Fans over the second Fanhub with CPU_OPT. The 2 seperate fans a the back of the DG-87 go direct on the remaining FAN_Headers of the Zenith. Does this make sense in your eyes or have i some flaw in my plan?

thanks in advance!

Greeting Tim aka White.Buddha
0 REPLIES 0