cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q connector query...?

PFS38
Level 7
Hi.
I have a quick question, "Which way do i plug the Q connector fittings in like reset sw, Power sw etc" It shows in the manual that these connections are plugged in facing down ie: you cannot see the writing on them. On my x58 board it was the other way around, which is the correct way please as im confused?
6 REPLIES 6

MeanMachine
Level 13
There are many Q connectors, List you MB.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

HiVizMan
Level 40
The q connect will only fit one way there is no thinking required.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

PFS38
Level 7
I have rampage 4 black edition. Im not talking about the q connector but the connections that go onto the q connector that i already stated in my first post.

JonTEM
Level 7
Look on your board/manual, and see which wire/lead is positive. On the lead wire connector, you should see an arrow which designates the positive. Check with the other color wires to make sure, as sometimes when these are shoved into their plastic holder they are placed wrong. Usually if it isn't listed, it won't matter.

HiVizMan
Level 40
It does not matter which way you connect the individual wires for reset or power on.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks all for your help.