cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Code 00

agent67248
Level 7
Built a custom PC a few months back and I recently installed 8 GB more RAM to get to 16 GB. Shortly after that, I noticed the Q-Code on my motherboard started displaying "00". My manual says "not used" when I look up this code. My computer is running great, now better than ever actually. Anyone know what this code means? Google said something about the CPU, but I'm not totally sure. Specs-
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
Core i7 4790k
16 GB Patriot Viper RAM
Samsung Evo 128 GB SSD
WD 2 TB HDD
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
EVGA 700w PSU
18 REPLIES 18

aziz07
Level 7
Finally, making more conductive, thicker and more robust socket pins won't only improve system stability and over-clock achievements but will also create much less failing boards with issues and much less RMAs to Asus. This will improve Asus's reputation even if its already top-notch. It will benefit both parties again.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Poddington....OK I kind of read your post as switch out to another same CPU....in your case the new CPU is probably fine. There are some very specific hoops to jump through to get DC running on those boards and some failures....

I wouldnt go to the bother of testing CPU in your case....maybe order preprogramed bios chip is an option?

aktivexkontrol
Level 7
usually do a power drain, totally unplug the power cable from the wall, hold down the power button to drain all power from the motherboard, it happens from time to time then eventually my PSU died. LoL

XYchromosone
Level 10
I know this is an old thread but I like to add in case others with the same error on a Maximus X Hero with an i7 8700k get error code 00.

A few days ago I left my PC on running Ubuntu 18.04 all night. When I went back to it in the morning I had a non responsive desktop with just a pink screen, as if it was stuck trying to go into sleep mode. After a hard shut down by pressing the power button for 4 seconds, I had a QCode 00 and CPU light lit on the mobo. It would not boot. After testing with different ram and a graphics card from my other Maximus VIII Ranger, with no cure, I was left with just the CPU to test.

I changed the CPU for a brand new i7 8086k and the problem was fixed. So I have a dead i7 8700k that is still under warranty, which caused the Qcode 00.

I'm planning on getting a change over for a new i7 8700k and upgrading my other desktop with it with a new z370 mobo, probably a Maximus X Formula, because I can use all the other hardware that is on the Maximus VIII Ranger. This is for my Daughter who enjoys playing games.

ntholm
Level 7
Hi all, same issue:

Q-code: 00 and CPU led is lit red. Monitor remains black - no input signal. The rest of the LED in the machine is lit like they are supposed to when powered.

My specs:
Asus gaming x99 motherboard
core i7 6850k broadwell-E
kraken x62 cooler
32gb dominator platinum 2666fsb
512gb samsung 960 pro m.2 ssd
asus strix gtx 1080ti
PSU Corsair HX1000i

System has functioned correctly for almost 2 years. Then suddenly code 00 and red cpu led.

I have tried:
- Flashing bios (several times)
- removing cmos battery for 1 hour then re-insert
- removing mobo from case, place on non-conductive surface - only connect essential stuff.
- completely de-power system and re-run as some ppl have had luck with in this thread.
- swapped PSU with another that i know is working since i took it from a computer with no issues.

I am not a newbie with hardware. I know my mobo or CPU is dead but i need to know which because RMA of non-faulty hardware will cost me 70 euro from this ****ty dealer.

I would appreciate your oppinions.

Leyba
Level 7
I just had this issue a couple of days ago. 00 is a dead CPU. I too replaced everything, even rma'd the motherboard. I found out that my 6850k died.

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Yep noticed vccio cpu 1.05 voltage is jacked up to 1.25v way too high even for broadwell-e just by increasing ram frequency past 2133 forget about xmp's adjustments !!!
Even haswell-e limit is 1.15v and best to stay lower than that.

Auto voltage on cache can also contribute to a doa cpu and probably board
asus really hosed x99 bios past 2101 !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Having same problem Q code 00, my computer used to work just fine and suddenly no image on my screen. I tested my CPU, RAM and HDD on another motherboard and they do work... so i guess it is my mobo that stopped working but she turns on and looks like "it is okay" but it doesn't... i'm so sad... I think i won't buy any other Asus' motherboard.

A10 7850K
Crossblade Ranger
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3

Asryan
Level 10
Hi
It's the second time this week I have a sudden crash of my pc with a qcode 00. Screen goes black and fans are at 100%, i have to turn it off on the psu
The pc boots normally when I restart it but I'm worried something is actually failing, I read a code asus might be cpu, psu or motherboard related and I have absolutely no mean to test anything with another mb or cpu.

At first I thought it might be power plan related since I've tried to but the minimum cpu state at a lower % but it just did it again when I was playing a game.
The board is a dark hero crosshair VIII, cpu amd 5900x

I was using the same setting for two years without issues, oc with pbo and curve optimiser. I've just reset the oc settings to run it stock to see if it was the issue but it happens two times at a very different qxe atop one time I was just working on excel, second time when I was gaming.

Is my cpu or mb dying or can it be software / bios related knowing those settings were absolutely fine for a long time?
I've read it could also be because of bad settings or information remaining in the cmos battery and taking it off for a moment can solve it?

I've read the soft argus monitor can cause issue, i've removed it as well even if it was fine for a long time
Thanks for the help