cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSC mem on Pentium AE...

twisted1
Level 12
Hello ROG!

I'm having huge problems getting PSC RAM to work properly on my Pentium AE(mobo is M7 Ranger). I can't even get the timings/clock I run on Sandy bridge up and running. Unfortunately there are no presets in bios for different mem like on all other ROG motherboards I've owned.

When I change something(say the mem clock) it seems like the motherboard changes sub-timings and nothings in place and I'm not skilled enough to time every timing manually. The primary and secondary I can do but the rest I have yet to learn(and it's these timings that the mobo seems to change around from boot to boot).

The cpu works fine with my tridentX kit(HYK0) and it'll boot that @2933Mhz or 2666Mhz CL9 so the IMC shouldn't be to weak. I think I should at least get 7-11-7-28 T1 @2400Mhz up and running, tWCL 8. I've tried really loose timings just to see if I can get it booting at higher clocks but no luck at all. I've got 3 kit's and they all do well in other systems so there's nothing wrong with the mem kits.

Any help much appreciated!

27 REPLIES 27

twisted1
Level 12
Or if anyone has experience with PSC on haswell in general.

I plain can't get it working properly, I wish I would have known about no mem profiles on the Ranger board and I would have gotten a gene instead.

darkage
Level 11
thats sad man
i was wondering about the hero, but from you i think i am going other way
hope you get any help, i have never had any haswell

twisted1
Level 12
I found some screenshots if most of the timings from the M7 Gene PSC profile, gonna try that. Will report my findings..

Darkage: I would go for a Gene or a formula, they have the features that previous ROG boards have had. The hero and ranger seems to be ROG but doesn't have the features like rog connect, and so on. Didn't think twice about it as all my previous rog boards always had all those features.

Menthol
Level 14
I have not had any luck with my psc lately and have been using my Corsair with Samsung chips, with good results. You are correct either gene or Formula have the presets, I really like my Hero and was surprised not to see those presets, such a clean minimalistic board perfect for benching but alas I rely on Raja's presets, my own fault for not taking the time. I believe you can turn off some of the memory training if you get the settings correct

Menthol wrote:
I have not had any luck with my psc lately and have been using my Corsair with Samsung chips, with good results. You are correct either gene or Formula have the presets, I really like my Hero and was surprised not to see those presets, such a clean minimalistic board perfect for benching but alas I rely on Raja's presets, my own fault for not taking the time. I believe you can turn off some of the memory training if you get the settings correct

Samsung chips work great, got my tridentX up to 3000Mhz with the little Pentium cpu. I also got OEM HCH9's and they work fine too. Hynix CFR works about as good as the PSC, not good at all.

Enhacnced memory training is off, but I wish I could just disable it so it doesn't change anything. If I OC the tridentX from 2400Mhz(xmp profile) to 2666Mhz still with XMP profile enabled it totally changes up the sub-timings and I get really really poor mem performance(from like 33000Mb/s to 24000Mb/s read in aida). The primary and secondary timings are the same. My m5 gene/extreme doesn't do this at all.

Gonna try a few OC bioses and see if they have options to totally disable all mem training.

It's a real pain in the ass tweaking mem when sub-timings change from boot to boot.

darkage
Level 11
have you asked in kingpin forums for some help ? and a better bios 🙂
try 8-12-8 instead of 7-11-7
good luck

twisted1
Level 12
I'm gonna try the bioses over at kingpin.

Got 7-11-7-28 running at 2133Mhz. But even sandy bridge can do 2133 6-10-6-28.

I miss my ram profiles!

Chino
Level 15
Perhaps you guys aren't looking in the right place. I have the Ranger motherboard and it has the different memory profiles. 😛

Chino wrote:
Perhaps you guys aren't looking in the right place. I have the Ranger motherboard and it has the different memory profiles. 😛

Gimme gimme now!! 🙂

Unofficial bios?