cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSC mem on Pentium AE...

twisted1
Level 12
Hello ROG!

I'm having huge problems getting PSC RAM to work properly on my Pentium AE(mobo is M7 Ranger). I can't even get the timings/clock I run on Sandy bridge up and running. Unfortunately there are no presets in bios for different mem like on all other ROG motherboards I've owned.

When I change something(say the mem clock) it seems like the motherboard changes sub-timings and nothings in place and I'm not skilled enough to time every timing manually. The primary and secondary I can do but the rest I have yet to learn(and it's these timings that the mobo seems to change around from boot to boot).

The cpu works fine with my tridentX kit(HYK0) and it'll boot that @2933Mhz or 2666Mhz CL9 so the IMC shouldn't be to weak. I think I should at least get 7-11-7-28 T1 @2400Mhz up and running, tWCL 8. I've tried really loose timings just to see if I can get it booting at higher clocks but no luck at all. I've got 3 kit's and they all do well in other systems so there's nothing wrong with the mem kits.

Any help much appreciated!

27 REPLIES 27

twisted1
Level 12
Got 2600 CL8 running 🙂

Menthol
Level 14
twisted1,
glad to see you stuck with this and didn't give up, very good work, now I know who to ask questions about mem.

meankeys
Level 13
Nice going Pete

Is this that same platinum memory Menthol was talking about in the other thread?

darkage
Level 11
no mean i think his talking about psc ic's, corsair 2000c8 i think
Peter great when i am ready your pm box will blow lol

Menthol wrote:
twisted1,
glad to see you stuck with this and didn't give up, very good work, now I know who to ask questions about mem.

I mostly borrowed timings from screenshots i saw though 😉 I'm starting to grasp what the secondary timings do but the tertiary timings I really have no idea 🙂

meankeys wrote:
Nice going Pete

Is this that same platinum memory Menthol was talking about in the other thread?

darkage wrote:
no mean i think his talking about psc ic's, corsair 2000c8 i think
Peter great when i am ready your pm box will blow lol

Yep these are dominator GT 2000 8C, with PSC(powerchip IC's) ic's. I have another kit that's dom. GT 2133 C9 also with PSC IC's. Use them mostly for quad channel on X79.

This little pentium has a pretty decent IMC, 2600Mhz CL8 and 5Ghz on cpu that's not to shabby.

meankeys
Level 13
Thanks D-Man

Menthol
Level 14
I have been using a Hero in my daily rig, I really like the board, my only complaint is no memory presets. My MVII formula has the memory presets, I tried GSkill pi and Patriot psc memory on the Formula last night, 2600 cl8, 2400 cl7 and 4 sticks at 2400 cl8 all worked fine, if you need screenshots of all the timings Let me know

Menthol wrote:
I have been using a Hero in my daily rig, I really like the board, my only complaint is no memory presets. My MVII formula has the memory presets, I tried GSkill pi and Patriot psc memory on the Formula last night, 2600 cl8, 2400 cl7 and 4 sticks at 2400 cl8 all worked fine, if you need screenshots of all the timings Let me know

That's what I miss on the Ranger also.

Would love some screenshots of the mem profiles. Got a hold of another PSC kit the other day, G.skil ripjaws X, $20 🙂 Doesn't seem to be as good as the two other Dom. GT kits though.