cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Surge on game start up!!!!

st33ly
Level 7
This is my first post so sorry if it's all to ****

I have just built my new PC over 2 weeks ago, It has been running fine till now. I keep getting power surges on game start up's (Arma 3 and Xplane 10). I also get coil whine from my GPU or PSU (sure it's my GPU though). I sent my first GPU back for a new one as it was so bad.

MY Set-up is:

Intel i7 4770k
Corsair H100i
ASUS Maximus VI Hero
CORSAIR Vengeance 8 GB
EVGA GTX 780 - 3 GB
ASUS - Internal Blu-ray Combo
CORSAIR - CX750w

I am thinking that my PSU mite not have the power for it all but I do not know. If anyone can help that would be great cheers
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey st33ly 🙂

Some noise from GPUs when they are under load is normal...all the GPUs I've ever had make some funny noises. Of course if it's really loud...

What do you mean by power surges? Something going wrong? Of course when a game puts the GPU under load there is a large extra power draw that is normal. A 750W PSU should handle your system fine.

HiVizMan
Level 40
If at all possible please swap out your PSU and see if that resolves your issue. Power surges are bad, very bad.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

TenBlade
Level 11
Try OCCT PSU-test, it will tell you if any lines are faulty.

Mark3
Level 8
To add to what has been mentioned already, also check the fans of the GPU, as there may be something wrong with them. Also, I concur, try a different PSU.
Hi, I have now retired from ASUS support, please refer problems to current @ASUS/cl- usernames.